Visiting your student
Many families choose to visit their student throughout the course of the academic year. By reviewing the following information, you will be better prepared when you come to campus. Make plans with your student prior to visiting campus and discuss the date and time of your visit and where you will meet. This will reduce any miscommunication and give your student an opportunity to share with roommates your arrival.
- Bring a photo ID along with you if you wish to visit your student in their residence hall. Guests are not allowed past the Proctor Station without being signed in with a valid photo ID.
- Children under the age of sixteen are prohibited from staying overnight in the residence halls, but are allowed to visit during daytime hours as long as they are with a parent or guardian.
- Guests are allowed to stay up to three consecutive nights with their guest. Please reference the guest policy for more information.
- Food provisions are the way to any student’s heart.
- Pets are prohibited in the residence halls, so if you choose to bring Fido make sure they have a place to stay while you are visiting if you choose to enter a residence hall.