Move Out/In Procedure
Students who are moving-off campus must contact their current Residence Director to secure a move out date and time. Failure to check out by the pre-established deadline may result in lost/discarded property, fines and/or student conduct action.
Students must complete the following prior to being checked out of their bedspace by a member of the Housing & Residential Life staff.
- Remove all belongings
- Throw away all trash/food
- Clean your bedspace
Once everything has been removed from their room, the student must check out of their space with a member of Housing & Residential Life on the date previously coordinated with their Residence Director. A Resident Assistant will then check the condition of their bedroom and apartment (if applicable) noting any damage. In keyed buildings the RA will take the students keys and lock the bedroom.
Please note: Students remaining in on campus housing from one semester to the next have a continuous contract. Continuous contract students may remain on campus between semesters. Current and future residence directors will reach out to students who need to move between semesters via their Husky email regarding the move-to-from process
Spring 2015 Move Out:
- Move out for students in classes is: 24 Hours after your final exam or Friday, May 1, 2015 by 7:00PM
- Move out for students on co-op is: Friday, May 1, 2015 by 9:00PM
Locations: International Village, Squashbusters, Davenport B, North Lot, Speare Hall, West Village A, West Village E, Gainsborough Garage.
Parking Lot Information:
The following areas are available for relaxed parking from Tuesday, April 28th to Saturday, May 9th during the hours of 9:00AM-11:00PM:
- Columbus Garage
- Camden Lot
- West Village E
Parking availability from Saturday, May 2nd to Sunday, May 10th is as follows:
- Columbus Garage - 5/2, 5/3, 5/9, 5/10 (9:00AM-9:00PM)
- West Village E - 5/2, 5/3, 5/9, 5/10 (9:00AM-9:00PM)
- North Lot - 5/1-5/9 (relaxed parking, 9:00AM-11:00PM)
- Reminder: The North Lot will be closed Sunday, May 10th
Summer I 2015 Move In:
Summer I move in is on Sunday, May 10, 2015 from 3:00-9:00PM.
The check-in locations for each building are listed below in the following format:
Building you are moving into: Check-in location for that building
- 10 Coventry: Davenport A lobby
- 309-315 Huntington: Burstein Hall courtyard/Burstein staff office
- 331-335 Huntington: Burstein Hall courtyard/Burstein staff office
- 407 Huntington: Burstein Hall courtyard/Burstein staff office
- 780 Columbus: Davenport A lobby
- Burstein: Burstein Hall courtyard/Burstein staff office
- Rubenstein: Burstein Hall courtyard/Burstein staff office
- 768 Columbus: Davenport A lobby
- Davenport A: Davenport A lobby
- West Village A South: West Village A North lobby (for 5/10 check-in only)
- West Village C: West Village C staff office
- West Village E: West Village E lobby
- West Village H: West Village A North lobby (for 5/10 check-in only)
NUterm 2015 Move In:
NUterm move in is on Sunday, May 10, 2015 from 10:00AM-6:00PM.
International Village's check in location will be in the International Village lobby.
Moving on your own
If you are able to make your move to International Village without assistance, bins will be available; for the bin schedule click here. Please note: You may contact Armina Khwaja ( firstname.lastname@example.org) and Nicholas Cubita ( email@example.com), the Residence Directors of International Village, to confirm when your NUterm room will be ready, as some spaces will be available for check-in before Sunday, May 10th. On Sunday, May 10th, check-in will start at 10:00AM.
Maps with walking routes to International Village that are bin-friendly can be viewed here.
Moving with transportation assistance
For those who may need assistance with moving belongings, transportation support for your move will be available on Sunday, May 10th. It is important to note that this service is being offered to transport the belongings you have packed to International Village.
Your specific bin pick-up/drop-off time and information has been emailed to you.
Lazybones has been providing college students with convenient storage services for over 20 years. Please visit their website www.mylazybones.com for complete details. Should any questions arise, please feel free to contact them directly at 877-215-2105 to speak with one of their courteous and knowledgeable staff. Lazybones has promised to provide all customers with the absolute best moving and storage experience imaginable.
Please note that Lazybones is endorsed by Northeastern University and thereby the University will receive a portion of total sales revenue.