Housing Selection & Placement
Information and Resources for the Fall 2014-Spring 2015 Housing Selection Process
Important Dates and Reminders
- Wednesday, January 15, 2014 @ 11:59pm EST: Application Due Date for ALL STUDENTS
- UPDATE: Monday, February 3, 2014: LOTTERY & WAITLIST Notification E-mails Sent Out
- Monday, February 24, 2014 @ 12:00PM EST (Noon): Deposits Due Date for Current 2nd year + students
- February 24-26th: 5:00pm-6:30pm: Info Sessions and Tours (Speare Commons)
- February 24 & 26: 5:45pm: Gender Neutral Info Sessions by H&RL and RSA (Speare Commons)
- Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:00am-8:00pm: On-Line General Selection: Lottery Numbers (1-635)
- Week of March 3, 2014: Spring Break
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:00am-8:00pm: On-Line Group Selection: Lottery Numbers (636-1771)
- Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:00am-8:00pm: On-Line Group Selection: Lottery Numbers (1772-2904)
- Monday, March 17, 2014 8:00am-8:00pm: On-Line Individual Selection: Lottery Numbers (636-1771)
- Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:00am-8:00pm: On-Line Individual Selection: Lottery Numbers (1772-2904)
- Monday, March 24, 2014 8:00am-8:00pm: On-Line Group Selection Day 1: Lottery Numbers (3000-4686)
- Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:00am-8:00pm: On-Line Group Selection Day 2: Lottery Numbers (4687-6570)
- Friday, March 28, 2014 8:0am-7:00pm: On-Line Individual Selection: Lottery Numbers (3000-6570)
- Check this schedule for the exact time of your selection appointment. ( Lottery Schedule by Number)
- In-Person and Phone Support at Speare Commons; If you have any questions at any point, please call or stop into our office at 4 Speare Commons. Staff will be available to assist you during our normal business hours Monday-Thursday 8:30am-7:00pm and Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. Please call 617-373-2814 (voice), 1-800-240-7666 / 1-800-240-ROOM (voice) or 617-373-4019 (tty) if you would like to speak with a staff member.
Once you are offered a lottery number in the process you must secure your space by depositing. To secure your lottery number, you must pay your Fall 2014 housing deposit on-line prior to Monday, February 24, 2014 at Noon. If you wish to secure housing for Spring 2015, you can also make a deposit at this time. Please note, although it is not required, space will become limited for Spring 2015.
Deposit Instructions: To deposit, log onto the myNEU Portal and click on NUPay. At the top of your screen, click on Make a Payment and select Undergraduate Fall 2014 Dorm Deposit. If you are unable to make a payment on-line, please e-mail email@example.com to obtain a deposit slip, which you can then bring to the Student Account's Office, 354 Richards Hall, along with your credit card, cash, or a check made payable to Northeastern University.
You cannot be charged for a housing deposit. Deposits must be student generated and cannot be added to a bill.
*Students who are in the University Scholars program are guaranteed housing, however they must deposit or request a deposit waiver by the 2/24/14 deadline to secure a space in housing for the 2014-2015 academic year.
All Current "Eligible" Students: Using Housing On-line
The "Housing On-line" selection system will be available starting Tuesday, February 25, 2014. Consult the selection schedule for times and guides.
- Housing Selection Schedule
- Housing Fact Sheet
- System Requirements
- On-line Housing Selection Guides
- Instructions on Forming Roommate Sets
Current Second Year + Students
In order to be "eligible", a student must have a lottery number AND a deposit on file for the 2014 Fall Semester. You will have the opportunity to select an upper-class themed housing option (Gender Neutral or Honors) during either Group or General Selection time. In an effort to keep roommate sets together, we are offering students the opportunity to select as a 5- or 4- (A limited number of 2, 3 and 6 person apartments ar also available) person group during Group Selection or as an individual or smaller roommate set at Individual Selection. As a reminder, in order to be "eligible", a student must have a lottery number AND a deposit on file for the 2014 Fall Semester.
Current First Year Students
You will have the option to select as an individual or to pull any eligible roommates into your apartment. In an effort to keep roommate sets together, we are offering opportunity to select as a 5- or 4- (A limited number of 2, 3 and 6 person apartments ar also available) person group during Group Selection or as an individual or smaller roommate set at Individual Selection.
You will have the option to select as an individual or to pull any eligible roommates into your apartment.
Group Selection for current first year students will be start on Monday, March 24, and end on Wednesday, March 25, 2014 and Individual Selection will be on Friday, March 28, 2014.
We are pleased to inform you that the deposits for Spring 2015, Summer I and Summer II 2014 are now available on NUPAY. Simply log-on to myNEU and click on NUPAY, there you will enter the payment system. Select "Make a Payment" at the top of the screen and choose the terms you wish to deposit for.
- Undergraduate/Upperclass Deposit Spring 2015: $200.00
- Undergraduate/Upperclass Deposit Summer I 2014 : $200.00
- Undergraduate/Upperclass Deposit Summer II 2014: $200.00
We strongly encourage you to place your housing deposit prior to March 14, 2014 in order to secure your space for summer!
Each summer session requires a $200 deposit, the money will go towards your housing costs for the appropriate term.
If you are on any type of scholarship that covers housing deposits please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for summer sessions. (Please be aware not all scholarships cover summer housing expenses, so plan accordingly!)
It is important to understand that once you deposit the cancellation fee schedule applies to you. To review the cancellation fee schedule click here.
Housing & Residential Life uses e-mail as its official form of communication with students. All communication will be sent by e-mail. As a courtesy, Housing & Residential Life also sends out numerous reminder emails to individuals who do not submit their application and deposit.
For students who are unable to select a room on-line, we offer the placement process. This is a routine part of our assignment process and it is important to remember that you are still guaranteed/required housing (if you received a lottery number) and you will receive an assignment in an upperclass building. Only one form is needed per group if you are requesting housing with a group of friends.
Once you submit your placement form and we assign you, we will notify you when your assignment is available. Please be patient and check your myNEU e-mail regularly for updates!