Best Practices Series
We have developed a series of Best Practice documents for S-L faculty of all levels of experience. Drawing upon nationally recognized theory and research, as well as the accumulated wisdom of our Northeastern S-L faculty and program staff, these documents address the use of S-L in your courses at NU from a practical, application-based perspective.
- Integrating Service-Learning into the Course Syllabus
- Reflection as an Academic Practice
- Integrating Service-Learning into Course Assignments
- Creating a Service-Learning Grading Rubric
- Addressing Challenges in Student Evaluation and Accountability
- Introducing and Preparing Students for Service-Learning
- Community Partnerships
- Using Assessment Tools to Improve Service-Learning in Your Course
- Taking Your Course to the Next Level: Questions for Planning
- Using the Service-Learning Program as a Resource
10 Principles of Good Practice
Jeffrey Howard's extremely useful list of guiding principles is available here.