For Community Partners
The goal of our service-learning program is to form and maintain partnerships that simultaneously address our academic objectives and your organizations related interests and needs. Service-Learning is an educational tool by which Northeastern can express how we value being a positively contributing member of our local and global community.
Through the application of skills and knowledge they are developing in a given course or program, our students will provide the direct service support and/or tangible project/research outcomes your interests prescribe. And for our students, we hope they will not only learn from you how to apply their skills and knowledge in your "real world" setting, but also what being a member of our community means in ways textbooks cannot teach them.
Listed below are some of the ways your organization can benefit from partnering with us through service-learning.
Benefits of Service-Learning
- Improved relationship with university and access to university resources
- Increased awareness of and support for community organizations, issues and unmet community needs
- Access to scholars with expertise in area(s) of interest
- Help breakdown and dispel myths and stereotypes about students and community
- Provide an opportunity for a community to shape students' values and to prepare students for remaining engaged with ones organization or the social issue throughout life
- Receipt of tangible project outcomes, research, and other resources useful for daily operation, grant data, supporting client needs, etc.