USA Home Web Index Search Directories FAQ
Office of Academic Affairs - CASLCE
What is Service-Learning?
Faculty Resources & Links
Students in Action
How You Can Join Us
Academic Affairs Home
Students in Action Organization
Students In Action is a student-run, student-led on campus organization dedicated to promoting service-learning at the University of South Alabama. The only requirement to join Students In Action (SIA) is that you must be a USA student (full or part-time).
What Students in Action Does:
- Promotes service-learning on campus.
- Participates in service-learning projects and events.
- Coordinates with teachers and students to help set-up and run service-learning projects
Our current officers:
- Stephen Purnell -- President
- Barbara Whinery -- Vice President
- Zach Warner -- Secretary/Treasurer
Our faculty advisors:
- Karen Peterson -- Co-Director, CASLCE
- Dawn McKinney -- Co-Director, CASLCE
How do I join?
- Contact the Center for Academic Service-Learning and Civic Engagement (CASLCE) at 251-460-6116
- Stop by CASLCE, Student Center 139 (next to the post office)
- Participate in one of CASLCE's many service projects, and talk to a staff member
Our Student Organization Partners:
University of South Alabama Contact Us