University of South Alabama University of South Alabama Home   Index   Search   Directories   Faq

Secondary Education Area V Required Courses

Transfer Articulation
We appreciate your interest in the University of South Alabama (USA). USA is dedicated to making the transfer transition as easy as possible. As required by state law, USA will take your coursework as outlined on the AGSC Transfer Guide and graduate you with the same number of hours as our native students in the same major (assuming you do not change majors). If you have printed out an AGSC Approved Transfer guide for General Science Education, we would strongly recommend that you print this page and use it along with your AGSC guide. Our Colleges/Departments have chosen those courses which would best fit into USA's existing General Studies Program. To minimize transfer problems and best prepare you to finish your program in the minimum hours required, you should take courses as outlined below. Thanks again for choosing the University of South Alabama.  
General Science Education
Area V Professional Studies
Required Courses
The following courses are required for the degree in General Science Education at the University of South Alabama. These courses are in addition to the courses listed on the STARS guide that you accessed. These courses fulfill degree requirements in Area V of the Alabama General Studies Core Curriculum and may be taken at your community college.  
Please print these pages. Fill in your name, signature, and today's date. Attach these pages to your STARS articulation guide.  

Name (print): Last:
Signature:   ________________________________________________________

Remember that although more than 60 semester hours may be taught at the freshman/ sophomore level and thus listed as possibilities on the STARS guides and this Area V page, you MAY NOT transfer more than 60 semester hours from a junior or community college. You should take no more than 60 semester hours at the two-year institution.  
When you have finished reviewing these Area V requirements, please visit the University of South Alabama Undergraduate Admissions Page for more information about transferring to USA and applying to the University.  
If the courses listed below are also listed in Area I-IV as options, you may fulfill these Area V requirements by taking the courses in Areas I-IV, thus taking fewer courses in Area V. This will reduce the total number of semester hours that you take and assist you in graduating from USA with the minimum120 hours required for the degree.  

AREA II - Total 12 semester hours:  
BLY 121     BIO 103    
BLY 122     BIO 104    
MA 115     MTH 115    
MA 125     MTH 125    

AREA V - No more than 23 semester hours  
CH 131     CHM 111    
CH 132     CHM 112    
Select one series - 8 semester hours  
PH 114     PHY 201    
PH 115     PHY 202    

-or-       -or-      

PH 201     PHY 213    
PH 202     PHY 214    
Select 7 semester hours from the following:  
ST 210     MTH 265    
PH 101     AST 220    
PE 100     PED 100    
PE 101-157 Activity (1 hour))   PED Activity

Questions regarding degree/graduation requirements and the applicability of transfer credit toward satisfaction of degree requirements should be directed to the College of Education UCOM 3100, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688-0002 (251) 380-2893.  
Questions regarding transfer admission and transfer credit evaluation should be directed to the Office of Admissions, Meisler Hall Suite 2500, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688-0002 (251) 460-6141 or (800) 872-5247.  
For more information regarding the degree in General Science Educ November 14, 2013 4:18 PM p://" class="bluelink">USA Bulletin.  

USA Transfer Assistance Information
E-mail suggestions and comments to: Heather Nix

text only
University of South Alabama   Contact Us
Text Only Options

Top of page

Text Only Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a UsableNet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.