Physical Therapy Core Requirements
College of Allied Health professions
While there are more than 64 transferable semester hours, you may only count 64 semester hours as transfer credit from a community college.
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
English Composition MGCCC Course Number USA Course Number
ENG 1113 EH 101
ENG 1123 EH 102
Fine Arts MGCCC Course Number USA Course Number
Choose one of the following courses:
ART 1233 FA 1233A
ART 1113 ARS 101
ART 1213 ARS 101
ART 2713 ARS 103
ART 2723 ARS 123
MUS 1113 MUL 101
SPT 2233 DRA 110
Literature MGCCC Course Number USA Course Number
Choose one of the following two-semester sequences:
ENG 2223 EH 225
ENG 2233 EH 226
ENG 2323 EH 215
ENG 2333 EH 216
ENG 2353 EH 215
ENG 2363 EH 216
ENG 2423 EH 235
ENG 2433 EH 236
History MGCCC Course Number USA Course Number
Choose one of the following courses:
HIS 1163 HY 1163A
HIS 1173 HY 1173A
HIS 2213 HY 135
HIS 2223 HY 136
Choose three from the History section or from the following courses: (Must complete a two course sequence in either Literature or History)
Mathematics MGCCC Course Number USA Course Number
MAT 1323 MA 113
Statistics MGCCC Course Number USA Course Number
BAD 2323 BUS 245
MAT 2323 ST 210
Biology MGCCC Course Number USA Course Number
BIO 1134 BLY 121/121L
BIO 1144 BLY 122/122L
BIO 2424 BLY
Computer Science MGCCC Course Number USA Course Number
Complete four semester hours of electives chose from the courses listed on this guide or the following:
CSC 1113 CIS 150
BAD 2533 CIS 150
Public Speaking MGCCC Course Number USA Course Number
SPT 1113 CA 110
Physics MGCCC Course Number USA Course Number
PHY 2414 PH 114
PHY 2424 PH 115
Psychology MGCCC Course Number USA Course Number
PSY 1513 PSY 120
EPY 2533 PSY 250
General Chemistry MGCCC Course Number USA Course Number
CHE 1214 CH 131/131L
CHE 1224 CH 132/132L
The Physical Therapy program at the University of South Alabama is a master's level program. Students may apply as Baccalaureate Degree holders or as Advanced Undergraduates (minimum 96 semester or 144 quarter hours).
- The University of South Alabama will accept a maximum of 64 semester hours from a junior/community college.
- No course in which a student has earned a grade of lower than "D" will transfer to the University of South Alabama. No grade lower than "C" will transfer in English Composition I & II (EH 101 & 102).
- Completion of the courses listed in this Advising Guide does not guarantee completion of Pre-professional course requirements or admission into Professional component programs. Consult the USA Bulletin for complete application procedures and degree requirements.
- The deadline to apply for the Occupational Therapy Professional Component is January 15 prior to the Fall Semester that you intend to begin the Professional Component. Consult the USA Bulletin for complete application procedures and degree requirements.
- Students are required to declare a major other than Occupational Therapy by the beginning of Junior year.
- All Occupational Therapy prerequisites must be completed with a grade of "C" or higher.
Questions regarding degree/graduation requirements and the applicability of transfer credit toward satisfaction of degree requirements should be directed to the College of Allied Health Professions
, UCOM 1550, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688-0002 (251-380-2772).
Questions regarding transfer admission and transfer credit evaluation should be directed to the Office of Admissions, Meisler Hall Suite 2500, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688-0002 (251) 460-6141 or (800) 872-5247.
For more information regarding the degree in Physical Therapy at the University of South Alabama, please consult the USA Bulletin