University of South Alabama College of Arts and Sciences
Dean's Leadership Council
The Dean's Leadership Council, formed in 2005 by Dr. G. David Johnson, now Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs, is comprised of civic and community leaders, alumni, donors, and supporters of the College of Arts and Sciences. The Dean's Leadership Council's mission is to gather a diverse group of individuals who share an interest in the mission of the College and a commitment to contributing to the success of our students. The Council serves as a source of support and counsel to the Interim Dean of the College, Dr. Andrzej Wierzbicki.
The responsibilites of the Council are to:
- Assist with strategic planning, helping identify opportunities and priorities for the College from a community perspective;
- Investigate and suggest public/private and public/public partnership opportunities for the College;
- Articulate and promote the accomplishments of the faculty, students, and alumni of the College;
- In some circumstances, participate in the recruitment of key candidates for positions in the College;
- Facilitate the success of community outreach efforts of the College;
- "Assist with fundraising..." Arts and Sciences Newsletter, Spring 2006, p. 4.
G. David Johnson, Arts & Sciences Newsletter, Spring 2006, p. 4