The University of South Alabama
Division of Student Affairs
Campus Rec Summer Camp 2013
Fitness at USABC
Jaguar Wellness Club
Red Cross/Safety Certifications
Scale Back Alabama
Like Us On Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Jaguar Wellness Program
The Jaguar Wellness Program is an incentive program to motivate you to exercise with Campus Recreation! Open to all USA students and members of the Recreation Center.
Go to the front desk of the Student Recreation Center and find the Jaguar Wellness Program notebooks. Get a record sheet and write down your exercise minutes every time you exercise at the Recreation Center.
Your goal for Summer 2013 is 1200-1800+ minutes in 8 weeks (May 28 - July 22).
1200 minutes of moderate intensity exercise equals 30 minutes per day, 5 days per week.
1800 minutes of moderate intensity exercise equals 45 minutes per day, 5 days per week.
These are recommendations from the US Department of Health & Human Services “2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans”.
Any exercise you do at the Student Recreation Center or within Campus Recreation, including:
- SouthFit classes or exercising with a personal trainer
- Playing time in an Intramural Sport, special event, or sport club
- Rock wall
- Swimming pools
- Cardio & weight equipment
- Basketball, racquetball, ping-pong, volleyball, indoor soccer, badminton
- Exercise at the Intramural Fieldhouse
- Activity time on an Outdoor Adventures trip
- Any exercise that begins & ends at the Student Recreation Center (such as jogging or biking outside)
For Summer 2013:
- 1200-1800 minutes = USA Bookstore Coupon
- 1800+ minutes = USA Bookstore Coupon + Jaguar Wellness Program t-shirt
Prizes will not be ordered until after July 22. You will be contacted when they are available for pick-up. Prizes will be held until Monday, August 19th (first day of Fall Semester).
USA Department of Campus Recreation, USA Bookstore, & USA Health System
© 2010 | Mobile, Alabama 36688-0002 / 1 (251) 460-6065
For questions or comments
Date last changed: May 10, 2013 10:46 AM