The University of South Alabama
Division of Student Affairs
Campus Rec Summer Camp 2013
Fitness at USABC
Jaguar Wellness Club
Red Cross/Safety Certifications
Scale Back Alabama
The Dr. Is In
Like Us On Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Jaguar Wellness Program
The Jaguar Wellness Program is an incentive program to motivate you to exercise with Campus Recreation! It is open to all members of the Recreation Center.
Join the Jaguar Wellness Program by going to the front desk of the Student Recreation Center and find the Jaguar Wellness Program notebook. Get a record sheet and write down exercise minutes after exercising at the Recreation Center.
Your goal for Fall 2013 is 2400-3600+ minutes in 16 weeks (August 19-December 8, 2013).
2400 minutes of moderate intensity exercise equals 30 minutes per day, 5 days per week.
3600 minutes of moderate intensity exercise equals 45 minutes per day, 5 days per week.
These are recommendations from the US Department of Health & Human Services “2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans”.
Any exercise done at the Student Recreation Center or within Campus Recreation counts towards the minutes including:
- SouthFit classes or exercising with a personal trainer
- Playing time in an Intramural Sport, special event, or sport club
- Rock wall
- Swimming pools
- Cardio & weight equipment
- Basketball, racquetball, ping-pong, volleyball, indoor soccer, badminton
- Exercise at the Intramural Fieldhouse
- Activity time on an Outdoor Adventures trip
- Any exercise that begins & ends at the Student Recreation Center (such as jogging or biking outside)
For Fall 2013:
- 2400-3600 minutes = USA Bookstore Coupon
- 3600+ minutes = USA Bookstore Coupon + Jaguar Wellness Program t-shirt
Prizes will not be ordered until after December 8. You will be contacted when they are available for pick-up. Prizes will be held until Monday, January 13, 2014 (first day of Spring Semester).
USA Department of Campus Recreation, USA Bookstore, & USA Health System
© 2010 | Mobile, Alabama 36688-0002 / 1 (251) 460-6065
For questions or comments
Date last changed: November 7, 2013 4:12 PM