How Can I Tell If I Have A Problem?
Drug or alcohol problems can affect everyone regardless of age, sex, race, marital status, income level, or lifestyle. You may have a serious problem with drugs or alcohol if:
- You drink or get high on a regular basis.
- You lie about the amount of drugs or alcohol you are using.
- You have given up activities such as sports, homework, or hanging out with friends who don't use drugs or drink.
- You believe that in order to have fun you need to drink and/or use drugs.
- You turn to alcohol and/or drugs to relieve stress.
Source: National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information
- You drink or use more drugs to get the same effect you got with smaller amounts.
- You drink and/or use drugs alone.
- You have had trouble at work or in school because of drugs or alcohol use.
- You become angry when others question you about your use of alcohol or drugs.
- You have experienced blackouts.
- You have made promises to yourself and others that you would stop drinking or using drugs.
- You feel alone, miserable, and depressed.
For assistance, contact the USA Substance Abuse Program at