Office of Greek Life University of South Alabama
University of South Alabama
Page Content Main Links
Frequently Asked Questions about Sorority Recruitment
Cost = $75
PNMs can now pay online with a credit or debit card, or electronic check. We can e-mail them a payment link to pay online, if they did not pay at the end of their registration and would like to pay by card. We will also accept a check or money order by mail or cash (paid in person). Our mailing address is: Office of Greek Life 111 Jaguar Dr. Mobile, AL 36688
Panhellenic does not set a GPA Requirement for participation in Recruitment. Each chapter has set their own standards for membership, which includes a minimum GPA for pledging. All female students enrolled at South Alabama are welcome to participate in Recruitment, but there is no guarantee that everyone will receive a bid or be invited back to houses after Round 1.
Green Zone: (3.0 GPA or higher): Your membership options are not likely to be limited based on your GPA
Yellow Zone: (2.6 – 2.9 GPA): Your membership options may be limited based on your GPA
Red Zone: (2.5 GPA or below): Your membership options are likely to be limited based on your GPA
The first semester is most expensive of all because of one-time fees associated with the national organization.
Class During Recruitment Week:
- Average cost of new member semester (1st semester), which includes all one-time fees = $850
- This amount is not paid all at one time, but broken up in fees and monthly dues
- This is an average of all costs for all chapters…many chapters have much lower costs.
- Average cost of an initiated member per semester: $640
- This figure is usually broken down into a monthly cost.
- This is also an average of all costs for all chapters.
This is what appears on the Recruitment Registration, and is also e-mailed to each girl after they complete registration:
Academics is the top priority of Greeks at the University of South Alabama. All women participating in recruitment are expected to attend any and all classes that may be held during Recruitment events. A special schedule will be made for those women attending class during regularly scheduled Recruitment events.
It is your responsibility to notify the Office of Greek Life prior to Wednesday, August 21st at noon if I have a class scheduled during a Recruitment event (between 5:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 21st -Monday, August 26th) and will be in need of a Special Recruitment Schedule.
Email email@example.com with the following information:
1. Your name
2. Jag Number (student number)
3. The name, time, and date of the class that is scheduled during a Recruitment event
4. Your contact information (phone number and email)
© 2010 | Mobile, Alabama 36688-0002 / 1 (251) 460-6101
For questions or comments
Date last changed: December 17, 2013 10:28 AM