University of South Alabama USA Home Web Index Search Directories FAQ
Health Systems Grants Administration and Development Office
University of South Alabama Contact Us
Investigation and evaluation of grant opportunities
Internal review and processing of grant applications
- Coordinate the internal review of proposals to assure timely submission.
- Edit draft proposal narratives for grammatical errors and adherence to applicable narrative and budgetary guidelines.
- Assist Health Sciences faculty with preparation of SBIR contract applications.
- Review Grants.gov applications to ensure these applications adhere to Grants.gov and agency guidelines.
- Electronic submission of grant applications on behalf of the Institution.
- Work with Health Sciences faculty to submit Just-In-Time information.
- Establish telephone and personal contact with granting agency personnel.
- Establish and maintain networking contacts with program directors at assigned sponsoring agencies.
- Provide in-service training on all aspects of the grant application process.
Coordination and administration of post-award procedures and activities
- Provide consultation in the areas of project planning, contract development and administration, development of project implementation schedules; project evaluation and reporting issues.
- Provide technical support to Health Sciences faculty and staff in all aspects of the grant/contract administration process, including re-budgeting requests, time extensions, carry over of funds, agency certification requirements, and submission of final progress and invention reports.
- Provide technical support to Health Sciences faculty in the relinquishment of grants.
- Liaison between the Health Sciences faculty and funding agencies.
- Work in concert with the Office of Grants Administration and the Office of Grants and Contracts Accounting to provide technical expertise in the post-award grant arena.
- Work with the Attorney’s Office and Grants Administration to negotiate contracts and subcontracts.
- Work closely with the College of Medicine Business Office Administration to ensure compliance with University business practices and procedures.
- Confirm compliance with Health Sciences division/College of Medicine, University, and agency regulations on all correspondence processed through the Research Office.
- Provide in-service training on all aspects of grants administration.
Act as liaison between the Health Sciences faculty and the Office of Technology Transfer
- Provide support to the faculty and work in concert with the Office of Technology Transfer on all matters concerning the Health Sciences division.
- First point of contact for Material Transfer Agreements, Invention Disclosure forms and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Work with Health Sciences faculty to complete internal forms. Responsible for submission of these forms to the Office of Technology Transfer.
- Attend all meetings with the Health Sciences faculty and the Office of Technology Transfer to discuss all claims made by inventors.
- Work with the Office of Technology Transfer to report inventions discovered using grant funds to the granting agency.
Faculty, staff and community outreach
- Travel about campus to conduct conferences with faculty and external cooperating agencies.
- Work with COM Office of Faculty Affairs to facilitate research related faculty development programs.