University of South Alabama University of South Alabama USA Home Web Index Search Directories FAQ
Internal Audit Department
Division of Finance
Code of Ethics
Request for Review
Finance and Administration Home
University of South Alabama Contact Us
- Evaluate the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and other operating controls, and promoting effective control at a reasonable cost.
- Provide advice and guidance on control aspects of new policies, systems, processes and procedures.
- Determine the level of compliance with University policies and procedures, state and federal laws and government regulations.
- Determine the effectiveness and efficiency of organizations in accomplishing their mission and identify operational opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancements.
- Perform annual audit of Athletics to meet NCAA Financial Audit Guidelines and provide audit assistance to external auditors.
- Provide audit assistance to the Office of the State Auditor to include reviews of payroll, expenditures, inventory observations, petty cash counts and confirmations.
- Perform special projects as requested by the President, Vice Presidents and the Office of the State Auditors and other reviews as time and personnel allow.