Home: Contact 24/7
Emergency assistance for USA faculty, staff, and students abroad
- Visit our Staff Directory for assistance if you are: a student questions about study, intern, or research abroad; faculty or academic advisor requesting assistance; or parent with questions.
Contact us 24/7
- For faculty, staff and students USA carries a blanket policy with FrontierMEDEX for travel abroad that is PREAPPROVED and includes coverage for major medical benefits, medical evacuation, security evacuation, natural disaster assistance, repatriation of remains, and 24/7 emergency assistance services anywhere in the world.
Emergency assistance for USA faculty, staff, and students abroad
- The Office of International Education maintains a 24/7 contact network to assist our international education programs.
For faculty, staff and students USA carries a blanket policy with FrontierMEDEX for travel abroad that is PREAPPROVED and includes coverage for major medical benefits, medical evacuation, security evacuation, natural disaster assistance, repatriation of remains, and 24/7 emergency assistance services anywhere in the world.
FrontierMEDEX Secure - Contact/Calling Information:
Assistance Coordinators are available 24/7 to help you with travel emergencies. For immediate assistance, contact FrontierMEDEX the multilingual Emergency Response Center collect:
FrontierMEDEX Emergency Response Center
Baltimore, Maryland, USA -- Call Collect: 1-410-453-6330
Check Here for Country Specific Toll-Free Numbers
Online form: http://www.frontiermedex.com/http://www.southalabama.edu/questions.html
EMERGENCY USE ONLY: email email@example.com
POLICY SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
STUDENT POLICY DETAILS
FACULTY-STAFF POLICY DETAILS
USA FRONTIERMEDEX ID CARD ONLY (PRINT THIS)
FRONTIERMEDEX MEMBER CENTER FREE LOGIN
ACE CLAIMS FORM
CMI CLAIMS INSTRUCTIONS
FACULTY/STAFF DEPENDENT ENROLLMENT FORM
USA HR FrontierMEDEX Assist ID: 9061 - For all USA employees and dependents covered by USA HR life insurance, 0.5FTE appointments or greater) – This policy does NOT carry any insurance, security or natural disaster
USA travelers on officially pre-approved travel are covered under the same MEDEX Global Solutions Policy with the following exceptions:
- Students on pre-approved education abroad experiences – Your coverage is automatically included as a benefit of the approval review process and the premium is included in the IE fee you are charged as part of the process. You should always have your own major medical health plan that is valid here in the US prior to departure, while you are abroad and upon your return. This plan has a coordination of benefits process so that in the event of an emergency abroad these plans will work in coordination with each other. For details see the plan summary and policy description above. For accompanying dependents of students: Please contact OIE for premium information on coverage that is available for dependents accompanying you– firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty and staff on USA approved business – During the International Travel Review and request for leave process you will receive copies of the FRONTIERMEDEX GLOBAL SOLUTIONS CARD – for policy information please review the summary noted above. For accompanying dependents of faculty/staff traveling on approved USA business: complete the dependent coverage request at this link.
Faculty and Staff and accompanying dependents on vacation/holiday/personal leave – If you are a full time employee or an employee with a 0.5FTE or greater appointment and you are covered under the USA Life Insurance benefit then you will be covered under the FRONTIERMEDEX Global Solutions – assistance policy provided by the Standard Life policy. NOTE: this policy is DIFFERENT and does not include the same benefits as item C above. For accompanying dependents in this category: all dependents of full time faculty/staff as noted above are eligible for coverage at NO ADDED COST however you must request their enrollment using the faculty staff dependent enrollment form.
More FrontierMEDEX Information
FrontierMEDEX Portfolio of Services:
- Medical Assistance Services
Worldwide Medical and Dental Referrals
Monitoring of Treatment
Facilitation of Hospital Payments
Transfer of Insurance Information to Medical Providers
Medication, Vaccine and Blood Transfers
Dispatch of Doctors and Specialists
Transfer of Medical Records
Continuous Updates to Family, Employer and Home Physician
Hotel Arrangements for Convalescence
Replacement Corrective Lenses and Medical Devices
- Travel Assistance Services
Replacement of Lost or Stolen Travel Documents
Emergency Travel Arrangements
Transfer of Funds
Emergency Pet Housing and/or Pet Return
- Worldwide Destination Intelligence
Travel and Health Information
Real-Time Security Intelligence
- Medical Evaluation and Repatriation Services
Emergency Medical Evacuations
Transportation to Join a Hospitalized Member
Return of Dependent Children
Transportation After Stabilization
Repatriation of Mortal Remains
- Personal Security Services
Political Evacuation Services
Natural Disaster Assistance Services
Transportation After Political, Natural Disaster or Security Evacuation
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who is FrontierMEDEX?
With more than 30 years of experience, FrontierMEDEX is the oldest American-owned travel insurance and assistance provider. Each of our travel medical insurance programs is administered by our insurance arm, MEDEX Insurance Services, and backed by our own in-house assistance and support services, available 24/7 through our Emergency Response Center (ERC). FrontierMEDEX has been providing these quality services to large corporations, NGOs, insurance companies, associations, and universities. When a medical or security emergency arises, these institutions know that they can call FrontierMEDEX for help. This multilingual operational headquarters is staffed with logistical and medical experts to oversee the international medical care our travelers receive. The ERC works with a network of 59,000 credentialed resources to provide assistance and services anywhere in the world. If necessary, the Emergency Response Center will coordinate medical evacuations to ensure that a traveler receives the care they need, when they need it.
When should I contact FrontierMEDEX?
Coordinators are available 24-hours a day, every day of the year. Many times people assume that the services are to be used only in serious cases. Be assured that FrontierMEDEX is there to help you with any type of problem regardless of the severity.
- What if local facilities are inadequate?
If, through its medical management, FrontierMEDEX determines that local medical providers are inappropriate for treatment, FrontierMEDEX will arrange for a medically safe evacuation to a facility capable of providing the necessary care.
- What happens if I am hospitalized? It is important to notify FrontierMEDEX as soon as possible?
FrontierMEDEX will immediately contact your treating physician to assess your condition and treatment plans to ensure your safe recovery. FrontierMEDEX will then update your family, employer/organization and personal physician as appropriate. FrontierMEDEX will assist you until you have returned home or have received final treatment.
Contact us 24/7
The Office of International Education maintains a 24/7 contact network to assist international education programs. Please select from the following options:
For all emergency weekend, holiday, and after business hour contacts please call the USA Police Department. All callers should be prepared to leave detailed information to be relayed to the appropriate USA offices.
For USA students covered by the USA Student Health Insurance plan note that program exclusions and limitations do apply.
To access services please call: (877) 488-9833
Toll-free within the United States (609) 452-8570 Collect outside the United States
Services are also accessible via e-mail at email@example.com
Also, see USA student health insurance plan.
US Department of State Overseas Citizens Services
: Call 1-888-407-4747 (from overseas dial 202-501-4444) for emergencies and crises abroad. For additional information follow the link.
Sexual Harassment Abroad
USA Sexual Assault Information
USA E-Chug flyer
Alcohol Screening - e-CHUG
Faculty Procedures to Assist Student Victims
© 2013 University of South Alabama
| Mobile, Alabama 36688-0002 / 1 (251) 460-6101
For questions or comments Contact Us
Date last changed: February 20, 2013