University of South Alabama
Page Content Main Links
Home For Students For Parents For Faculty and Staff About Global USA Staff Directory
Home: International Admissions and Student Services: Current Students
- Arrival Assistance
The Office of International Admissions and Student Services welcomes all new international students to the University of South Alabama, and we hope to make you feel at home during your stay at USA here in Mobile, Alabama.
- Please complete the Arrival Request Form with all of the necessary details
We will make every effort to have someone there to assist you upon your arrival. You should receive confirmation of the arrangement prior to your departure.
New international students are required to participate in an orientation program prior to their first semester at the University. Plan on arriving before this date as orientation is mandatory.
Orientation information and schedule is included in your Pre-Arrival Packet.
The program provides information concerning:
- services available
- adjustment to the academic, social and cultural environment
- immigration matters
- local sights and activities
- student organizations
- health insurance
- safety and security provisions
- academic programs and advising
- step-by-step instructions on how to register for classes
International Students on Campus
- All international students are automatically enrolled in USA’s insurance plan upon registration. For students whose insurance coverage is sponsored under a Government Scholarship Letter/Financial Guarantee Letter, this documentation must be provided no later than the first day of classes along with a copy of the actual insurance card. Again, this information must be RECEIVED PRIOR to the first day of classes for the enrolled semester and or subsequent terms or as requested. Scholarship /Financial Guarantee supported international students are responsible for all premiums and fees billed to their accounts if such documents are not received before classes begin.
- Student & Scholar Health insurance for the 2012/2013 school year is provided by United Health Care Student Resources (UHCSR). Please read all of the information provided by the Student Health Center. You can also view the benefits summary of the plan by going to http://www.uhcsr.com/SouthAlabama.
- USA Department of Housing and Residence Life is committed to providing safe, reasonably priced, well maintained residence halls and interacting with students in a courteous and efficient manner. We endeavor to support the academic mission of the University by creating purposeful residential communities which are conducive to academic and personal success of students.
- You can find the housing instructions and frequently asked questions here.
Refer your friend to the University of South Alabama!
Fill out this form and return it to the Office of International Admissions and Student Services.
Graduation Invitation Request
- Students who anticipate graduation during the present semester and would like to invite immediate family to attend graduation please fill out this form and return it to the Office of International Admissions and Student Services.
Letter of Good Standing - Students who need a letter of recommendation need to fill out this form.
Change of Address: Please report any change of address to the Office of International Admissions
and Student Services immediately.
Optional Practical Training for F-1 Students
Please visit the Office of International Admissions and Student Services for information concerning on-campus employment opportunities. Below are some resources that you may find useful.
Going Global Career & Internship Resources
- All USA students have the opportunity to study outside the US and their home country. Please go to the Study Abroad site for more information.
© 2013 University of South Alabama
| Mobile, Alabama 36688-0002 / 1 (251) 460-6101
For questions or comments Contact Us
Date last changed: April 15, 2013