The BSN program prepares graduates for professional nursing practice and graduate study. Upon completion of the program graduates are eligible to apply for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCELX).Upon completion of the BSN program, graduates should be able to:
• Deliver professional nursing care for diverse populations across the lifespan to optimize health care outcomes.
• Evaluate theory and evidence from contemporary nursing science and related disciplines as a basis for clinical reasoning, management, and evaluation of professional nursing care.
• Model responsibility and accountability for one’s personal and delegated nursing care and lifelong learning to ensure excellence in nursing practice.
• Translate evidence into professional nursing practice to individualize patient care designed to improve care outcomes.
• Select principles of leadership and management that guide nursing, influence health policy, and transform health care delivery systems.
• RN to BSN/MSN (for associate & diploma RN’s) - The College of Nursing has a special program to facilitate associate and diploma prepared registered nurses attain the Master of Science in Nursing degree. Upon completion of the first phase of the program, students will be awarded a BSN degree. Upon completion of the second phase of the program the student will earn the MSN degree. Please select the above link to learn more information.
For Additional Information
For additional information and transcript evaluation write to:
Office of Student Services
USA College of Nursing - HAHN 3082
5721 USA Drive N.
Mobile AL 36688-0002
FAX: (251) 445-9416
The BSN program at the University of South Alabama College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education,
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530
Washington, DC 20036
The entry level baccalaureate program is approved by the Alabama Board of Nursing
and the BSN and MSN programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 520
Washington, D.C. 20036-1120
Open the original version of this page.