The University of South Alabama College of Nursing's RN to BSN track is especially designed to meet the needs of registered nurses desiring a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. The curriculum offers the registered nurse an opportunity to reach educational goals without unnecessary repetition of course content.
All courses traditionally taught in the classroom are offered completely in the on-line format, for the convenience of working nurses. Students log on anytime and anywhere to complete web-based courses that are expertly designed and highly interactive. Students are assisted to complete the practice requirements for the degree in their home communities.
The BSN program prepares professional nurses for rewarding careers and leadership positions and for graduate study. The program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
The curriculum is comprised of general education requirements and a professional component. The general education courses may be taken
at any accredited institution utilizing classroom or distance education instruction.
Booklist for Summer and Fall 2013
USAonline Help Info
RN to BSN Track Admissions
Students applying for the Online RN to BSN Track must complete each of the following to be considered for Admission to the College of Nursing:
1) Complete all (19) required undergraduate prerequisite courses required for the BSN curriculum, which totals 61 semester hours of college credit.
Note: Prospective students MUST have all (19) college courses completed PRIOR to beginning the Professional Component of the RN-BSN Track.
You may complete these in your hometown area, at an accredited institution and transfer these (19) college courses to USA.
2) You must first apply for Undergraduate Admission to the University of South Alabama for the same semester you plan to begin the Professional Component of the RN-BSN Track.
You should apply as a Transfer Student, majoring in Pre-Nursing on your Application for Undergraduate Admissions.
You can apply ONLINE for General Admission to the University by using the link listed above. Apply as a transfer student and list your major as PRE-NURSING..
3) Once you are admitted as a USA Undergraduate Transfer Student by the USA Office of Admissions, you should then submit the
RN-BSN Nursing Application Packet, by the posted deadline, with the $50 Nursing Application Fee. Students are admitted without regard to race, color, creed, sex, or qualified handicap/disability.
ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR THE RN-BSN TRACK:
1. Submission of a completed RN-BSN Nursing Application Packet, with a $50 fee, by the deadline.
(Priority Application Deadlines for RN-BSN Track: April 1 for Fall Semester; August 1 for Spring Semester. Late Applications are accepted, based on space availability.)
2. Minimum GPA of 2.50 on all (19) required prerequisite courses and in good standing within the University.
3. Minimum University GPA of 2.0
4. Minimum grade of “C” in all (19) required prerequisite courses.
5. Submission of health data forms and evidence of health insurance.
6. Evidence of CPR certification.
7. Admission will be contingent on a negative drug screen and no adverse findings on a background check. Students are responsible for costs related to the required admission background check and drug screen.
8. Completion of an accredited diploma or associate degree in nursing and a current registered nurse licensure with no restriction.
9. Students are responsible for all costs related to monitoring/proctoring tests and identity authentication when required by a course.
For Additional Information
Office of Student Services
USA College of Nursing - HAHN 3082
5721 USA Drive N.
Mobile AL 36688-0002
FAX: (251) 445-9416
The entry level baccalaureate program is approved by the Alabama Board of Nursing
and the BSN and MSN programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 520
Washington, D.C. 20036-1120
Open the original version of this page.