University of South Alabama College of Nursing
Traditional Four Year Pre-Licensure Nursing
The curriculum is comprised of selected general education requirements and a professional component. Students are admitted every semester.
ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR THE B.S.N.
The College of Nursing Admissions Committee and the Dean of the College select applicants best qualified for and most likely to succeed in the study of nursing.
Enrollment in the Professional Component is limited and competitive. Students are admitted without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, or qualified disability. Students must be in good standing with all academic institutions/nursing programs that they have attended in order to be admitted to the BSN program.
The following are required to be considered for admission to the BSN program.
1. Submission of a completed application with a $50 fee.
2. Minimum GPA of 2.50 on all prerequisite courses and in good standing within the University.
3. Minimum University GPA of 2.0
4. Minimum grade of “C” in all pre-professional courses.
5. Submission of health data forms and evidence of health insurance.
6. Evidence of CPR certification.
7. Admission will be contingent on a negative drug screen and no adverse findings on a background check.
8. Interview – Applicants may be invited for a personal interview. Verbal and written communication skills will be assessed during the interview.
Curriculum for Bachelor of Science Degree with Prior Degree
Curriculum for Bachelor of Science Degree without Prior Degree
For Additional Information
For additional information and transcript evaluation write to:
Office of Student Services
USA College of Nursing - HAHN 3082
5721 USA Drive N.
Mobile AL 36688-0002
FAX: (251) 445-9416
The entry level baccalaureate program is approved by the Alabama Board of Nursing
and the BSN and MSN programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 520
Washington, D.C. 20036-1120
University of South Alabama
- Mobile Alabama 36688-0002 (251) 445-9400
For questions or comments Contact Us