University of South Alabama University of South Alabama Home Index Search Directories Faq
Office of New Student Orientation
Transfer & Adult Students
Become a Leader
University of South Alabama Contact Us
Become an Orientation Leader
Do you love the University of South Alabama and want to welcome the next generation of Jaguars to your campus? Then keep your eyes open and apply for the journey of a lifetime!! Orientation Leaders are recruited each year starting in September and interviewed/selected during October. Watch for advertisements and more information on-campus, at our website, and in the Vanguard.
Orientation Leader applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- Each candidate must be a full-time degree-seeking undergraduate student at the University of South Alabama.
- Each candidate must have at least a 2.0 overall grade point average at the time of application and this average must be maintained throughout employment (circumstances such as disability which might have impacted GPA will be considered on an individual basis).
- No student may hold the position while on academic or disciplinary probation as defined by the Student Code of Conduct.
- Selected Orientation Leaders cannot graduate prior to December following the summer they serve as an Orientation Leader.
- Orientation Leaders must take a minimum course load of 12 hours during the spring semester for the year they are selected.
- All selected Orientation Leaders must successfully complete a non-credit training class held in the spring semester for the year they are selected, other training obligations, and attend all orientation programs.
- Orientation Leaders must remain in good academic and judicial standing with the University during their tenure in the position, not violate the Student Code of Conduct, and conduct themselves in an appropriate manner as is reflected by the Student Conduct Code both in person and electronically via the Internet (Myspace, Facebook, etc).
Orientation Leader Application