IRBNet Registration Instructions
These instructions apply to ALL committees and ALL roles (PIs, committee members, and key personnel ). This content is also available in a more visual format which can be downloaded as a PDF, from here
1. Go to https://www.irbnet.org
2. Click: New User Registration
(upper right hand corner)
3. Enter your first and last name
in the appropriate fields. (Please use appropriate capitalization as you register into the system; the system does not alphabetize names that begin with lower-case letters.)
4. Create your User Name - create a User Name you will remember
5. Create your Password (at least 8 characters); confirm your password, and enter a password hint.
6. Click on Continue
8. On the next screen, type "South Alabama" in the "Search for an organization" field and click "Search" OR scroll down and select "University of South Alabama"
from the list on the screen.
9. Review information for accuracy, edit if needed, then Click on Continue
10. On the next screen, enter your telephone number and email address
11. Click on Continue
12. Click Register
13. Click on Continue
14. You will receive an email from IRBNet. The email will contain a link that you need to click on in order to activate your account.
15. Once you click on the link, you will be able to enter your user name and password in the IRBNet login page and access the site. (If this does not work the first time, close out of the IRBNet homepage and open it again: irbnet.org
). Then enter your user name and password and it should work.)
16. Go to www.irbnet.org
, and enter your Username and password to log in.