What are the services provided?
Tutoring and Academic Enrichment.
During the regular academic year, students attend tutoring and computer labs on the USA campus one Saturday a month plus:
- Regularly scheduled weekly meetings with the Upward Bound Coordinator at the target schools served by the program to discuss class performance, grades, and other problems, that may effect a student's academic success.
- Saturday session workshops are also offered monthly on test taking, time management, college planning, financial aid, career exploration and other related topics.
- Educational enrichment and recreation activities.
B. Summer Session
During the six-week summer session students attend classes that are selected based on their grade level.
Other opportunities during the summer schedule include:
- Preparation for fall academic classes
- Tutoring and computer lab
- On campus living in a USA dormitory
- Social and cultural activities
- College campus tours