STATUS: Nominations (self or other) for interim Associate Provost for Graduate Studies and Dean of the Graduate School, as well as the search advisory committee are currently being accepted.
The Associate Provost and Dean of the Graduate School leads campus-wide efforts to enhance academic achievement for all graduate students and assists colleges and programs in developing innovative graduate curricula and programming. The Associate Provost and Dean of the Graduate School also serves as a spokesperson for graduate education on committees and oversight bodies. This person assists in the development and assessment of policies, strategic plans and efforts related to improving academic success, retention and graduation. The Associate Provost and Dean leads the Graduate School, a major educational unit, and in that role has oversight of the Martin School and the Patterson School, as well as several cross-disciplinary graduate certificates. Currently, the Graduate School provides services in student scholarships and fellowships, graduate recruitment, enrollment management and progression toward graduation. The Graduate School also provides programming for graduate student professional development, university-wide training for teaching assistants and organization of the Preparing Future Faculty program.
- Develop a vision to create and implement collaborative graduate initiatives.
- Effectively lead strategic planning and improvement
- Develop a merit-driven scholarship and stipend allocation method
- Lead positive change
- Advance the continued growth of the University's graduate programs
- Accomplish the goals for graduate education as specified in "see tomorrow." The University of Kentucky Strategic Plan
- Create and be an advocate for world-class graduate programs
- Encourage collaborative graduate programs across the Colleges
- Create a culture of support for faculty and students
- Manage fiscal issues
- Improve processes
- Promote the University as a leader in graduate education
- Track appropriate data and compile decision making reports
- Work with a diverse faculty and student body in a wide range of disciplines
- Support activities of the Colleges, Deans and Faculty
Search Advisory Committee:
Governing Regulations also require that recommendations on acting appointments come from a committee, which includes faculty, staff and other impacted groups as appropriate.
Since the Graduate School touches virtually every unit on campus, Provost Riordan is also am soliciting nominations campus-wide for people to serve on the search advisory committee.
Please submit your nominations (self or other) for Interim Associate Provost and dean of the Graduate School, with a brief rationale, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20. Please also submit your nominations for people (self or other) to serve on the search advisory committee to email@example.com by April 20.