Dean, College of Nursing
STATUS: Candidates invited to campus for interviews.
- Steve Wyatt, Dean of the College of Public Health, co-chair
- Ellen Hahn, College of Nursing, co-chair
- Arika Brandford, College of Nursing (student)
- Jennifer Cowley, College of Nursing
- Melanie Hardin-Pierce, College of Nursing
- Lynne Jensen, College of Nursing
- Terry Lennie, College of Nursing
- Karen Minton, Staff, College of Nursing
- Zim Okoli, College of Nursing
- Nancy Schoenberg, College of Medicine
The University of Kentucky invites nominations and applications for the position of Dean of the College of Nursing. As the state’s flagship university with 16 academic and professional colleges, including a comprehensive group of health sciences units, the University of Kentucky is one of the nation’s leading public research universities and is one of 60 universities funded as part of the NIH Clinical and Translational Science Award program. The candidate should have the desire, ability, and vision to lead a distinguished faculty and staff and is responsible for the overall supervision and direction of a College that includes highly ranked undergraduate and doctoral programs (PhD and DNP). More information on the College is available at: www.uknursing.uky.edu
The Dean is expected to provide strong intellectual leadership for the College of Nursing, promote excellence among its faculty, oversee the educational, research and faculty practice missions, manage the College's financial and human resources, and take a primary role in development and fundraising. As the chief academic officer of the College, the Dean reports directly to the Provost.
Qualifications for this position include an outstanding record of scholarly achievement, personnel and budgetary experience, an earned doctorate, and qualifications commensurate with tenure at the rank of Professor in the College of Nursing.
We value your input. If you have any questions or wish to provide feedback about this search, please contact Kris Hobson at email@example.com.