"link blue" is a term created by University of Kentucky Information Technology to define a directory account (user ID and password) which can be used when connecting to many university systems.
Faculty and staff link blue accounts are created within a business day of when you are entered into payroll at the university. You must activate your link blue account before using it. For further information regarding link blue accounts, visit the Account Services site at http://www.uky.edu/IT/CustomerService/Accounts/services.html.
A link blue user ID and password can be used with the following campus systems:
- Microsoft Outlook/Exchange email
- Account Manager to change passwords and maintain your account
- myUK payroll and other information
- UK-Licensed Software downloads
- BlackBoard teaching functions
- Wireless Internet access
- Human Resources online training classes
- Off-campus library access
and other university functions.