students looking for crabs Alumni Center
- Erick Snellman (Class of 1981) has had an interesting and distinguished career since graduation. He received a master's degree in mycology from the University of Connecticut, then joined the United States Air Force as a jet pilot. During his time with the USAF, he taught at the USAF Academy and earned a Ph.D. in marine biotechnology at the University of Maryland. He now works for the US Food and Drug Administration, where he provides technical assistance on bacterial-related seafood safety issues to FDA staff, federal and state regulators, and the seafood industry.
- Kate DeMello, a 2009 Biology graduate, has just taken a position as a research technician at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Cambridge, MA. Kate is working in Dr. Suzanne Gaudet's lab using experimental and computational approaches to study tumor necrosis factor signaling in cancer cells.
- Three recent graduates, Claudia Martin, Rebecca Stephens, and Ashleigh Crowell, have been accepted to doctoral programs in veterinary medicine.
- Michelle Costa (Class of 2008) and Brian Wisz (Class of 2009) are both in the Doctor of Pharmacy program at Mass. College of Pharmacy.
- Rabia Bajwa (Class of 2009) is working at UMass Medical school in diabetes research.
- We are always happy to hear from our alumni, so please keep in touch! If you would like to have us post your news on our site please send an email to Nancy O'Connor.
Thank you to alumni and friends who have contributed to the UMass Dartmouth Foundation and designated the Biology Department as the recipient of the funds. We plan to use your contributions to buy much-needed laboratory equipment for our courses.
Want to donate? Visit the University Advancement site and choose to donate online or by mail. Be sure to designate College of Arts and Sciences: Biology.