Print Service Cost Please note that these prices do not include sales tax.
- General Information
- Academic Technology provides printing service to faculty & departments where a department may arrange to pay by Purchase Order for students’ class assignments or for specific print jobs for conferences or events.
Black & White and Color laser printers are available. State-of-the-art, large format printers/plotters are also available to help you print banners, posters or photos up to 36″ wide and lengths up to 15′ high. Prices range from $0.08 page for Black & White print to $10 per foot for high-gloss plotter paper.
You can make your poster project look even better by using different types of paper. If you are looking for an alternative to the standard paper available in the AT Computing Labs for the plotter, you can consider the high gloss photo paper or the matte polypropylene banner material now available in the Application Support Center.
You can have your plot files sent to us in advance and we can have the PO generated, paid, and finished product waiting for you by using the AT Order Form to submit your file to the Application Support Center. If you want to handle the printing yourself, you can go to one of the labs or to the ASC and get assistance with the operation of the printer or plotter from a Technology or ASC Consultant. (You must notify the Application Support Center if printing is going to take place somewhere other than the ASC).
It is very easy to arrange the PO for the project. For instructions on setting up an account, please click Setting Up Department Paid Service.
Contact us to discuss the best options for your project. Whichever options work best for you, you can’t go wrong by using this service. The prices are unbeatable and product, even better.
Feel free to visit our Poster Sample & Template page for some ideas on your poster creation.
- Poster Print Information and Templates
- The rolls of paper for the printers are 36″ wide, so one dimension MUST be 36″ or less.
- ASC offers standard paper ($3.00/linear foot) and High Gloss Photo Paper ($10.00/linear foot) other Labs have standard paper only
- The maximum dimension for a PowerPoint slide is 56″ in either direction. A work-around for this limitation is to make both dimensions half the final size and “scale” the output to fit the paper size that is twice the slide dimensions. This give you the ability to get 36 X 112 output from a slide set to 18 X 56. Make sure that any graphics will still look good if stretched to twice the size. You generally need about 100 pixels per inch of output to maintain a good crisp image on a poster. So to stretch an image to 36 inches it should start at 3600 pixels in that direction.
- Dark print on a light background will make your poster easier to read. Use reverse fields sparingly. In addition to wasting ink you limit the impact of your poster.
- Make the text large enough to read from a distance. Titles should be a Minimum of 150 pts. and Headings at least 48 pts., Subheadings need to be 36 pts. and your main Body Text should be at least 32 pts. It is much better to say less with larger type than to be brilliant with type too small to read.
- Use the UF Wordmark not the Athletic Department Gator or the President’s Seal to identify your poster with the University of Florida
- No more than 3 different fonts and make those common, easy to read, fonts (avoid “old English” or “script” fonts). ALL CAPS ARE HARDER TO READ than mixed case words
- Poster Templates Can be found here.
- AT Sales Order Instructions
FIRST: Call the Unit you are ordering from and obtain a quote for the material you are ordering! Once you have a quote, go to the order form at https://billing.at.ufl.edu/sales/(you will be required to log on using your Gatorlink username and password
- Click on “Create a New Order” – Any order you have started but not submitted will be saved and listed here and ready to resume.
- Select a “Provider” from the Drop Down List (For Posters choose “Application Support Center”).
- Enter the Total Amount (this is why you call for a quote in advance).
- Enter a description (Not required but recommended).
- You can attach the file to print if you’re sure it’s ready to go and we will e-mail you when it’s ready (Printed “As is”).
- Proceed to Step 2
- Here you add your payment chartfield. You can save commonly used chartfields to be used again later. If you don’t know anything about chartfields you probably want to delagate this process to someone else in your Department: enter their UFID in the space provided. NOTE: you must re-enter the amount in the bottom right of the chartfield form – this allows you to split the amount into two or more accounts – just click the “Add” button again to have another chartfield form appear.
- Proceed to Step 3 and review your order. If everything is correct click “Submit for Processing”
- You will Get one last chance to make any corrections before confirming the order.
Print Service Cost
|Printers||Cost Per Page||Locations|
|Black & White Laser||$0.08||Architecture 118
Bruton-Greer Hall 141
CSE E231 (AT Lab)
Hawkins Center 3056
Holland Hall Library
HUB 120 and 224 (ASC)
Libraries: AFA, Education, Holland, Libary West and MSL
Teaching Center 40
Veterinary Medicine V1-110a
Weimer 2050 and 2056
|Black & White Laser|
|Color Laser||$0.75||Architecture 118
CSE E231 (AT Lab)
Hub 120 and 224 (ASC)
Libraries: AFA, Library West and MSL
|Large Format Plotter||$3.00/foot||Architecture 118
Hub 224 (ASC)
MSL 1st Floor
|Large Format Plotter|
- High Quality Paper -
|$10.00/foot||Hub 224 (ASC)|
Please note that these prices do not include sales tax.