Mathematics Facultyphoto35-767x1024 Louis Block
- Dynamical systems and connections between dynamics and topology.
- One-dimensional dynamics and chaos theory.
Dynamical Systems, Classical and Fluid MechanicsPeter Bubenik
My research is on applied topology and more specifically, topological data analysis, which studies the shape of data. More precisely, it consists of
- combining ideas from topology, statistics and machine learning to develop new tools for summarizing and visualizing large, complex, high-dimensional data;
- developing a general framework which quantifies topological changes using ideas from algebraic topology, algebra and category theory; and
- working with collaborators to use these ideas to analyze data.
Geometry and Topology: Coarse geometry, Geometric Group Theory, Coxeter groups, Cohomological dimension, Topology of manifolds, LS-category, Topological robotics.Jed Keesling
Topology, dynamical systems, biomathematical modeling, queuing theory, stochastic processes, computational methods, and applied mathematics. Biological Systems of Interest
- Citrus Greening
- Viral Dynamics
Computational topology, discrete Morse theory, homology of linear groups, undergraduate educationImage92 Yuli Rudyak
Algebraic Topology, Differential Topology, Symplectic Topology
Michael Catanzaro, Postdoctoral Associate
Applied topology, stochastic topology, mathematical physics
Michael Hull, Postdoctoral Associate
Geometric group theory