- Adjunct Faculty
- Sherry Ahrentzen
- Abdol Chini
- Michael Cook
- Aaron M Costin
- Ian Flood
- Bryan Franz
- Masoud Gheisari
- R. Raymond Issa
- Charles J. Kibert
- Jeffrey Lindsey
- Rui Liu
- R. Edward Minchin, Jr.
- Larry C. Muszynski
- Paul Oppenheim
- Robert J. Ries
- Ajay Shanker
- Mark Russell
- Richard L. Smailes
- Ravi Srinivasan
- James G. Sullivan
- Russell C. Walters
- Faculty Awards
- Organizational chart
- Postdoctoral Scholars
Charles J. KibertCKibert 22 Jan 2015 Charles J. Kibert
Office: RNK 342
Contact: 352.273.1189 / email@example.com
Mail: RNK 304 / Box 115703
Gainesville, FL 32611-5703
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of South Florida
- M.S., Nuclear Engineering, Carnegie-Mellon University
- B.S., General Engineering, U.S. Military Academy
- Advancement Prize for MSEM, Runner-Up Prize for Best Paper, 2nd International MSEM Conference, Philadelphia PA, 7-9 November 2013.
- Excellence in Writing Award, Best Cutting Edge Article-Real Property, jointly awarded to Nicole C. Kibert and Charles J. Kibert by the Real Property Section of the ABA, 2009
- Teacher/Scholar of the Year, University of Florida, 2006-2007
- Visiting Professor of Sustainable Construction, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) Melbourne Australia, 2001-present
- Holland Professor, M.E. Rinker Sr. School of Building Construction, 2004-present
- Visiting Fellow, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia, 2003
- ECOHB Award, ECOHB Foundation, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, 2000
- University of Florida Foundation Research Professor, June 1997-June 2000
- Federal Laboratory Consortium (FLC) Award for Excellence in Technology Transfer, 1997
- Finalist, Outstanding Environmental Educator, Governor’s Council for Environmental Education Award for 1997
- CSR/Rinker Professor, M.E. Rinker, Sr. School of Building Construction, 1995-2000
- Winner, National Fire Protection Association, Harry C. Bigglestone Prize for Outstanding Paper in Fire Technology, 1995
- Sustainable construction and high performance building
- Dynamic modeling of building energy performance
- Materials stewardship
- Building disassembly and materials recovery
- Materials reuse
- Materials hazard and risk assessment
- Design for deconstruction
- Construction and demolition waste minimization
- Construction waste minimization
- C&D Waste management
- Net zero built environment
- Building integrated renewable energy
- Net zero energy buildings
- Net zero water system design
- High performance building assessment
- Manufactured construction
- Workforce training
- Automation of manufactured construction
- University of Florida: Professor and Rinker School Director (1999-2002)
- MMM Design Group International, INc., Dublin and Frankfurt: Director of Design
- AREG Gmbh and AREG, Inc., Tampa, and Gemmerigheim, Germany: Vice-President of Engineering
- Szilard Associates: President
- US Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC: Reactor Engineer
- Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory, Pittsburgh: Senior Engineer
- US Army: Air Defense Artillery, Military Intelligence, Special Forces
Kibert, Charles J. and S. Srinivasan, “Sustainable Construction: The Cutting Edge and Emerging Challenges,”in Analytics of Building-Scale Ecosystems, Yong X. Taoa and Yi Jiang, eds., Begel House, 2015.
Kibert, Charles J., Sustainable Construction, Green Building Design and Delivery, 3rd Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 2012.
Kibert, Charles J., L. Thiele, A. Peterson, and M. Monroe. Working toward Sustainability: Ethical Decision Making in a Technological World, John Wiley & Sons, 2011.
Kibert, Charles J., G.B. Guy, and J. Sendzimir, Eds. Construction Ecology: Nature as the Basis for Green Buildings, Spon Press, London, 2002.
Kibert, Charles J. Ed. Reshaping the Built Environment: Ecology, Ethics, and Ecology. Washington, DC: Island Press, 1999.
Lu T, Lü X, and Kibert C, “A hybrid numerical-neural-network model for building simulation: a case study for the simulation of unheated and uncooled indoor temperature,” Energy and Buildings, January 2015, Pages 723–734
Grant, A., Ries, R. and Kibert, C. “Life Cycle Assessment and Service Life Prediction – A Case Study of Building Envelope Material,” Journal of Industrial Ecology, April 2014, 8(11), pp. 187-200.
Lü, X, Tao Lu, Martti Viljanen, and Charles Kibert, ”A novel dynamic modeling approach for predicting building energy performance” Applied Energy, January 2014, Volume 114, pp. 91-103
Lü, X, Tao Lu, Martti Viljanen, and Charles Kibert, “New method for CO2 control in buildings with unscheduled opening,” Energy and Building, Volume 59, April 2013, pp. 161-170
Terouhid, S.A., C. Kibert, and M. Fard. “Applying the project management cost estimating standard to carbon footprinting, Journal of Sustainable Development, September 2012, 5(10), pp. 1-14.
Kibert, Charles J. and M.Mirhadi Fard. “Differentiating among low energy, low carbon, and net zero energy building strategies for policy formulation,” Building Research Information Journal, August 2012, 40(5), pp. 625-637
Fard, Mirhadi, C,. Kibert, and S.A. Terhouhid, “Towards Franchising Mobilization Strategy in Large-Scale Energy Efficiency Retrofit Industry, Journal of Sustainable Development, August 2012, 5(8), pp. 1-12
Lu, X., C. Kibert, and M. Viljanen, “Chaos and Complexity Models in Sustainable Building Simulation,” Chaotic Modeling and Simulation, July 2012, 3(3), pp.469-576
Kibert, Charles J., Richard Fobair, and James Sullivan, “Assessing the Job Creation Potential of Energy Conservation Investments,” Journal of Green Building, Spring 2011, 6(2), pp.156-169.
Kibert, Charles J. and Nicole C. Kibert, “Sustainable Development and the U.S. Green Building Movement,” Probate & Property, March/April 2008.
Kibert, Charles J. “The Next Generation of Sustainable Construction,” Building Research Information Journal (U.K.), November 2007.
Kibert, Charles J. and K.R. Grosskopf. “Envisioning Next-Generation Green Buildings,” Journal of Land Use & Environmental Law, Fall 2007, 23(1), pp. 145-160.
Zimmerman, A. and C. J. Kibert. “Informing LEED 3 with The Natural Step,” Building Research Information Journal (U.K.), November 2007.
- International Initiative for a Sustainable Built Environment (iiSBE)
- American Solar Energy Society (ASES)
- Energy Efficient Buildings Association (EEBA)
- Cross Creek Initiative, Inc.