- The program will allow for two clinical fellows from the hospital – Shane Drakes, M.D., and Daniel Tsukanov, D.O., – to work closely with the student-athletes to provide comprehensive sports medical care. The fellows will be present at all home contests, and will serve office hours during the week, to provide physicals, and work to prevent and treat athletic injuries. Lehman Athletics Partners with Montefiore Medical Center In Sports Medicine Fellowship Program.
- Volunteers from Lehman’s CUNY Service Corps and the Lehman LIFE club are featured in CUNY TV’s most recent “Study with the Best” news magazine program, which focuses on the University and its best and brightest professors, alumni, and programs. Lehman LIFE Featured in CUNY’s ‘Study with the Best’ Series.
- “Lehman College is a warm and welcoming place, and we want to make sure that our graduate students receive the same kind of attention that our undergraduate students receive when they first enter the campus.” New Graduate Student Reception A Success.
- The inter-campus project will lead to the creation of new jobs, new startup businesses, and a diverse employee candidate pool. Lehman Partners With Macaulay and Hostos, Creating a New Media Jobs Incubator.
- Smoking, not getting enough exercise, and being obese can reduce an individual’s life expectancy by 14.2 years, according to a new article published in the Annals of Epidemiology by Dr. Luisa N. Borrell, chair of Lehman College’s Department of Health Sciences. New Study Shows Three Unhealthy Behaviors Lead to Shortened Lifespan.
- Four students from Lehman College’s Student Disability Program have been selected to receive the Matthew Goldstein Scholarship, which provides financial aid to students with disabilities for one year. Melissa Prieto, Mike Ramon, Jason Idelson, and Cynthia Carire were each selected for their strong academic record and persistence in overcoming obstacles. A senior majoring in psychology, [...] Four Lehman Students with Disabilities Get a Little Tuition Help from Former CUNY Chancellor.
- Lehman alumna Leah Fredman (’12) is making academic news again—she was just awarded a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship to study “identity fusion” in Israel. Lehman Alumna Explores Roots of Fanaticism.
- As traditional Chinese medicines continue to grow in importance outside of China, so does the need for a thorough understanding of how it is used and how it works. Prof. Edward Kennelly Traveling to Hong Kong on Fulbright to Research Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- New “Reverse Transfer System” is the First of its kind in New York City and state. CUNY in the Bronx Make History With New Pact.
- New York City may be known as the city that never sleeps, but it’s also the city that likes to eat. New in Books: Urban Appetites, Food and Culture in Nineteenth-Century New York.
- For the 24th year, I had the distinct privilege of presiding over Lehman College’s annual Commencement ceremony. It is always a very special day, and the morning of May 29, with clear skies and a radiant sun, matched the glow from the faces of the graduates and their family members. It was one of the [...] Letter from the President: Celebrating the Class of 2014 and the Launch of the Bronx Business Bridge.
- Professor Sandra Levey of Speech-Language-and Hearing Sciences has been appointed as a member of the Multilingual Affairs Committee of the International Association of Logopedics and Phoniatrics (IALP). The Association represents professionals and scientists who work in the field of communication sciences and with individuals experiencing voice, speech, language, hearing, and swallowing difficulties. Prof. Levey was [...] Prof. Sandra Levey Appointed Member of Multilingual Affairs Committee.