- “This is a superb opportunity for our students because JK Watson provides exposure to a broad spectrum of advantages and benefits at a level of sophistication otherwise rarely available to them,” says Professor Gary Schwartz. Prestigious Jeanette K. Watson Fellowship Program Seeks New Candidates.
- Crain’s New York Business has named Lehman President Ricardo R. Fernández to its “People to Watch in Higher Education” list. Joining him there are new CUNY Chancellor James Milliken and Rudolph Crew, president of Medgar Evers College. President Fernández Named to Top Ten ‘People to Watch in Higher Ed.’ List.
- Professor Christa Salamandra, a Syrian media specialist and associate professor of anthropology at Lehman and the Graduate Center, was a recent guest on NY1’s Inside City Hall program with Josh Robin. Prof. Christa Salamandra Talks About Islamic State Crisis on NY1 Online.
- Right now Ewul works closely with his mentor Dr. Andrei Jitianu in his lab, where he is conducting research on materials for bone regeneration. Senior Wins Major NIH Scholarship for Research.
- CUNY's Board of Trustees has named the Mexican Studies Institute at Lehman College in honor of immigrant and successful businessman Jaime Lucero. CUNY’s Mexican Studies Institute at Lehman College named for Businessman Jaime Lucero.
- “Governments in the region have extraordinary degrees of corruption, militarism with repression internally, and elite social classes that do not prioritize policies that advance education or economic opportunities for advancement,” said Prof. Bergad. Laird Bergad Talks with CUNY-TV’s Bob Herbert About Unaccompanied Minors Entering the U.S..
- The program will allow for two clinical fellows from the hospital – Shane Drakes, M.D., and Daniel Tsukanov, D.O., – to work closely with the student-athletes to provide comprehensive sports medical care. The fellows will be present at all home contests, and will serve office hours during the week, to provide physicals, and work to prevent and treat athletic injuries. Lehman Athletics Partners with Montefiore Medical Center In Sports Medicine Fellowship Program.
- Volunteers from Lehman’s CUNY Service Corps and the Lehman LIFE club are featured in CUNY TV’s most recent “Study with the Best” news magazine program, which focuses on the University and its best and brightest professors, alumni, and programs. Lehman LIFE Featured in CUNY’s ‘Study with the Best’ Series.
- “Lehman College is a warm and welcoming place, and we want to make sure that our graduate students receive the same kind of attention that our undergraduate students receive when they first enter the campus.” New Graduate Student Reception A Success.
- The inter-campus project will lead to the creation of new jobs, new startup businesses, and a diverse employee candidate pool. Lehman Partners With Macaulay and Hostos, Creating a New Media Jobs Incubator.
- Smoking, not getting enough exercise, and being obese can reduce an individual’s life expectancy by 14.2 years, according to a new article published in the Annals of Epidemiology by Dr. Luisa N. Borrell, chair of Lehman College’s Department of Health Sciences. New Study Shows Three Unhealthy Behaviors Lead to Shortened Lifespan.
- Four students from Lehman College’s Student Disability Program have been selected to receive the Matthew Goldstein Scholarship, which provides financial aid to students with disabilities for one year. Melissa Prieto, Mike Ramon, Jason Idelson, and Cynthia Carire were each selected for their strong academic record and persistence in overcoming obstacles. A senior majoring in psychology, [...] Four Lehman Students with Disabilities Get a Little Tuition Help from Former CUNY Chancellor.