- In October, Dean William Latimer, professor and founding dean of the Lehman College School of Health Sciences, Human Services and Nursing, delivered a compelling and significant speech at the United Nations. United Nations Speech: Lehman Dean Announces New Program to Address Health Crisis in Tanzania.
- Returning to the Bronx for the first time since 2011, Federal Reserve Bank of New York President and Chief Executive Officer William Dudley detected something that had been missing from the borough on his previous visit: a sense of optimism. Dudley addressed Lehman College students in an intimate “fireside chat” that included discussion about the [...] NY Federal Reserve President Visits Lehman for a ‘Fireside Chat’ on the Economy.
- A breakthrough study in plant sciences and biology led by Professor Zhi-Liang Zheng, (Associate Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences) has potential long-term ramifications for improving crop yield and food quality. Prof. Zheng has identified a unique function for a sulfur nutrient transporter called SULTR1;2 and for the first time provides genetic and physiological [...] New Study by Lehman Professor Could Lead to Better Crop Yield.
- Mayor Bill de Blasio visited Lehman College's Nursing Simulation Lab and announced an overhaul of workforce development programs. Mayor de Blasio Visits Lehman’s Nursing Lab.
- A new study by Distinguished Professor Laird W. Bergad concludes that if several trends continue, the Dominican population will soon surpass the population of Puerto Ricans living in New York City. Dominicans Set to Become NYC’s Biggest Latino Community According to New Study.
- The Bronx Institute at Lehman College was awarded two grants: one from the New York Life Foundation and another from the Jonathan Levin Fund at the Time Warner Foundation. Bronx Institute Awarded Two New Grants for ENLACE.
- Professor Gerardo Piña-Rosales (Dept. of Languages and Literature) was invited to the presentation of the 23nd edition of the Dictionary of the Spanish Language at the Royal Spanish Academy in Madrid, Spain, where he met the King Felipe VI of Spain. Prof. Piña-Rosales Presents New Spanish Dictionary to the King of Spain.
- According to a new national ranking Lehman College was selected as the No. 12 Lehman Named the No. 12 Most Attractive Yet Affordable Campus in the Nation.
- After being named Coach of the Year, Casey Melilli has been elevated to the position of Head Coach for the women's soccer program. Melilli Named Head Coach.
- Sophomore John Pollina won the 2014 CUNY Athletic Conference Men's Cross Country Championship 8K race, held at Van Cortlandt Park. Senior Thamare Rejouis earned CUNYAC All-Star status, finishing in 15th place overall in the Women's Championship. John Pollina Wins 2014 CUNYAC Cross Country Championship.
- With its focus on graduate education programs, the fair’s scheduled workshops will include an edTPA/certification information session; a special education/TESOL/bilingual panel discussion; an employment session with the New York City Department of Education; an Education Leadership/Counseling panel discussion; and a mathematics and science education panel discussion. CUNY Graduate Education Fair at Lehman College Nov. 11.
- A peace garden grows at Lehman College thanks to the Sigma Phi Rho fraternity. Giving Peace A Chance.