- Having the good fortune or ‘bonne fortune’ to participate in an international internship in the South of France is about to become a reality for eight Lehman College business and economic majors. The program in partnership with The University of Montpellier, will offer Lehman students a two-week internship with various companies near the university. The [...] Eight Lehman Students to Receive International Internships in France.
- The Syrian Civil War has been one of the bloodiest conflicts in recent history, with a death toll of at least 191,000. The struggle has captured world headlines but the internecine warfare shows no signs of abating after nearly four years. The war’s impact is just beginning to be understood and artists and scholars from [...] Professor Salamandra, a Leading Syrian Expert, Discusses Ways the War-Torn Nation Can ‘Emerge from the Ashes’.
- Reine T. Sarmiento, an education professional with more than 25 years of experience in key academic leadership roles, has been recently appointed the new Vice President of Enrollment Management and Associate Provost at Lehman College. Vice President Sarmiento comes to Lehman with experience in both private and public colleges, including her most recent position as [...] Reine T. Sarmiento Is Appointed Lehman’s New Vice President of Enrollment Management.
- It’s not everyday that you get an invitation from the White House identifying you as an important “thought leader” in your profession-—and inviting you to attend a landmark conference at Harvard University. But that’s exactly what happened earlier this year to Lehman Professor Stuart Chen-Hayes—and that was just part of what turned out to be [...] Lehman Professor Joins White House Effort to Bolster School Counseling and College Advising.
- In October, Dean William Latimer, professor and founding dean of the Lehman College School of Health Sciences, Human Services and Nursing, delivered a compelling and significant speech at the United Nations. United Nations Speech: Lehman Dean Announces New Program to Address Health Crisis in Tanzania.
- Returning to the Bronx for the first time since 2011, Federal Reserve Bank of New York President and Chief Executive Officer William Dudley detected something that had been missing from the borough on his previous visit: a sense of optimism. Dudley addressed Lehman College students in an intimate “fireside chat” that included discussion about the [...] NY Federal Reserve President Visits Lehman for a ‘Fireside Chat’ on the Economy.
- A breakthrough study in plant sciences and biology led by Professor Zhi-Liang Zheng, (Associate Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences) has potential long-term ramifications for improving crop yield and food quality. Prof. Zheng has identified a unique function for a sulfur nutrient transporter called SULTR1;2 and for the first time provides genetic and physiological [...] New Study by Lehman Professor Could Lead to Better Crop Yield.
- Mayor Bill de Blasio visited Lehman College's Nursing Simulation Lab and announced an overhaul of workforce development programs. Mayor de Blasio Visits Lehman’s Nursing Lab.
- A new study by Distinguished Professor Laird W. Bergad concludes that if several trends continue, the Dominican population will soon surpass the population of Puerto Ricans living in New York City. Dominicans Set to Become NYC’s Biggest Latino Community According to New Study.
- The Bronx Institute at Lehman College was awarded two grants: one from the New York Life Foundation and another from the Jonathan Levin Fund at the Time Warner Foundation. Bronx Institute Awarded Two New Grants for ENLACE.
- Professor Gerardo Piña-Rosales (Dept. of Languages and Literature) was invited to the presentation of the 23nd edition of the Dictionary of the Spanish Language at the Royal Spanish Academy in Madrid, Spain, where he met the King Felipe VI of Spain. Prof. Piña-Rosales Presents New Spanish Dictionary to the King of Spain.
- According to a new national ranking Lehman College was selected as the No. 12 Lehman Named the No. 12 Most Attractive Yet Affordable Campus in the Nation.