The team of board-certified neurological experts at UF Health Neurology provides consults, evaluations and treatment for people with neurological problems who are seeking a higher level of care. Patients from around the world seek the services of the skilled physicians and team members here.
Excellence in patient care
- Comprehensive Stroke Center – The Joint Commission
- Level 4 Epilepsy Program – National Association of Epilepsy Centers
- Parkinson’s Disease Center of Excellence – National Parkinson’s Foundation
- Center for a Dystonia Cure – Tyler’s Hope
- Dystonia & Parkinson’s Disease Center of Excellence – Bachmann-Strauss Foundation
- Tourette Center of Excellence – National Tourette Syndrome Association
- One of the largest neuromedicine inpatient Medicare providers in the country.
- Comprehensive neuromedicine services unparalleled in the southeastern United States.
- One of the nation’s largest volume centers for the treatment of cerebrovascular disease.
- One of the top research-funded academic neurological surgery departments in the nation.
- World-renowned center for the treatment of movement disorders and neurorestoration.
What is Neurology?
Neurology is a clinical specialty devoted to the diagnosis and management of diseases that affect the nervous system. The nervous system includes the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nervous system (the nerves that go to muscles and innervate the skin and sensory organs).
The nervous system controls all of our sensation and behavior, and therefore the kinds of symptoms that may result from disorders of the nervous system are almost without limit. Symptoms of neurological disease include poor memory, poor balance, headache, blackouts, seizures, speech disorders, trouble swallowing, numbness or loss of sensation, spasticity, tremor, difficulty controlling urination, and a host of other symptoms. Neurologists work with your primary care physician to diagnose and manage your neurological symptoms. The neurological problems of infants and young children are often different from those that affect adults.
- Welcome from the Chairman
- UF Department of Neurology Mission Statement
- Faculty Directory
- Administrative Staff Listing
- Research/Clinical Trial Coordinators
- Neurology Clinical Staff
- Contact Information
- Resources for Administration, Faculty and Staff