Fall Semester 2014 Final/Late Orientation & Registration at Georgia Perimeter College
Thank you for choosing Georgia Perimeter College to start or restart your journey of discovery in higher education. We are proud to be your partner in your pursuit of a degree, personal development and career goals. You are joining a large, supportive community network of learners, explorers, and friends.
Please note: Friday, August 15th at 2:00 pm is the last Fall Semester on-campus advisement and registration session offered for "orientation ready" students who have completed online orientation for the FULL FALL SEMESTER. Students NOT "orientation ready" or who have not completed online orientation will be able to register for Fall Semester second-half classes, which start on Monday, October 13th 2014. Registration for Fall second-half classes begins on September 8th and ends September 30th.
Before you begin: are you "Orientation Ready"?
"Orientation ready" means that:
- You have an active application and have been fully admitted to the college,
- Your GPC email account has been established,
- All of your placement/testing information is complete.
You must verify your "orientation ready" status at www.gpc.edu/mystatus to ensure your GPC email account has been established. You will need your GPC email username and password in order to log into the new student orientation system. If you have not set your GPC email password, please go to https://idmgmt.gpc.edu/gml/ . GPC’s technology service desk is available at 678-891-3460 or by e-mailing email@example.com during normal business hours. Visit http://depts.gpc.edu/servicedesk/ to view hours and services.
If you are not "orientation ready", the system will not allow you to begin orientation programming.
Do I have to participate in New Student Orientation?
You are NOT required to participate if you are transient student (currently registered at another institution, but with permission to take courses at GPC) special student (earned bachelor’s degree and non-degree seeking), or a senior citizen student (in GPC’s Prime Timer Program). These students, however, may take part in orientation if they so wish.All other new, former, transfer, and online only students are required to participate. Transfer students with more than 30 GPC accepted credit hours are required to participate in online orientation but may opt-out of on-campus orientation part 2.
Failure to complete new student orientation will prohibit you from registering for classes.
Do I have to pay a New Student Orientation Fee?
There is a $ 15.00 fee for Orientation programming. You will be given an online payment option once you login to new student orientation. This fee must be paid before orientation programming begins. The $ 15.00 orientation fee may be paid online with a debit or credit card or in person at a GPC student accounts office with cash, check, money order, or debit/credit card during normal business hours.
General Information about Orientation at GPC
- You may complete the Orientation Part 1 (the online informational portion of the orientation program) at any time you wish -- day, night, or weekend.
- It is necessary to completely finish the online informational portion -- and pass the tests inside it -- before you may start Orientation Part 2.
- Space at Orientation Part 2 (the on-campus advisement sessions) will be limited. In order to get the best selection of class schedules, it is in your interest to complete orientation part 1 as quickly as possible.
- If the dates for the on-campus advisement sessions conflict with your schedule, you may attend the same session on any of our campuses.
- GPCS 1010 (First Year Seminar) is a new course at GPC – consider registering for this three (3) hour credit course that introduces you to GPC college life, provides information on expectations of college students and strategies for college success, and builds information literacy through investigation of a specific theme. Visit www.gpc.edu/fye for more information.