- An applicant who is currently enrolled in another accredited college or university and applying to Perimeter College for a specified period of time to take courses as a visiting student.
- A non-degree-seeking student at Perimeter College.
Note: Applicants born or educated outside the United States should go to the International Student Admissions page for information.
Perimeter College Application for Admission accompanied by a $20 non-refundable fee
- Perimeter College’s application is available online at apply.gpc.edu.
- A Perimeter College application is valid for three (3) consecutive terms, including the term of application.
Transient/permission letter from the applicant’s enrolled institution
- A transient/permission letter signed by the registrar or academic dean at the institution recommending the applicant as a transient student.
- The letter must indicate the the specific term the student plans to attend Perimeter College.
- The letter may also include a list of courses to be taken at Perimeter College.
- A “Letter of Good Standing” from institutions outside the state of Georgia may be acceptable.
- For fastest service, transient/permission letters may be faxed to us at 678-891-3211, or scanned and uploaded to us at the Perimeter College MyStatus Page or by through the Perimeter College mobile app.
Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States. Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States in order to qualify for in-state tuition classification.
Immunization Records. Applicants must satisfy immunization requirements set by the state of Georgia.
Document Upload System. Applicants may upload many documents required for admission, except for official transcripts, test scores, or birth certificates.
A $20 non-refundable application fee is due at the time of application submission. Carefully review and complete all sections of the application, especially the residency information. Failure to answer questions correctly or provide information will delay and/or affect admission consideration.
Perimeter College processes admission documents and renders admission decisions on a rolling basis. A student’s application is valid for a total of three terms of entry, including the term marked initially on the application and the following two terms of entry. Students who wish to be considered for a term of entry within this time frame must submit a reactivation form
and any required credentials by the document due date for the desired term of entry.
Fall Semester (starts in August) — Due by August 1
Spring Semester (starts in January) — Due by November 1
Summer Semester (starts in late May) — Due by April 1
Late applications and/or documents are accepted, but Perimeter College may be unable to make an admission decision in time for the student to start classes on the first day. The earlier an applicant completes the application and submits all required documents, the greater the chance of starting classes on the first day. Late applicants may be able to register for second-half classes if full semester classes already have begun.
Admission documents may be mailed directly to the Perimeter College address below or delivered in person in the original sealed envelope to a Perimeter College Enrollment and Registration Services office. Transcripts and test scores must be official.
Mail to: Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 89000
Atlanta, GA 30356
Immunization, verification of lawful presence documents (EXCEPT for birth certificates) and non-academic documents may be faxed to 678-891-3211.
Birth certificates must be brought to the campus and verified by Perimeter College staff.
Once an applicant has submitted a Perimeter College application, an official letter indicating a Perimeter College identification number will be mailed to that applicant. This ID number is required for an applicant to view the Check My Status page and sign up for text alerts. If you are unsure of your Perimeter College ID, you can retrieve your Perimeter College ID here
Perimeter College will review an applicant’s record to make an admission decision after all required documents have been submitted, evaluated and posted to the applicant’s record. Please allow up to 21 days for each document to be scanned and evaluated before it can be posted to an applicant’s record.
An applicant’s Check My Status page is the quickest way to view the applicant’s admission checklist and real-time admission processing updates, including an admission decision.
All documents submitted become and remain the property of Perimeter College and will not be returned to the applicant, duplicated or transferred to another institution. Any applicant withholding or falsifying application data or documentation is subject to dismissal without refund.
For admission into Perimeter College's nursing or dental hygiene programs, you must first be accepted to Perimeter College and be enrolled in classes. Meet with your advisor to express your interest in the program and to be sure you register for the correct prerequisites in your first semester.