- Text-only version of this website
- Skip navigation
- Home page
- What's new
- Contact Webmaster
- Website policies
- Disability services
- UF Health Home
Healing UF Health at Gainesville
- UF Health Shands Hospital
- UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital
- Shands Emergency & Trauma
- UF Health Shands Children's Hospital
- UF Health Shands Rehab Hospital
- UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital
- Learning UF&Shands Gainesville
Discovery UF Health at Gainesville
- Research Studies
- Genetics Institute
- Institute on Aging
- McKnight Brain Institute
- UF Diabetes Institute
- Community UF Health at Gainesville
- visit University of Florida
- Mission Statement
- College Deans
- CEPH Self-Study
- Contact Us
- Master’s Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Bachelor of Health Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Doctor of Audiology
- Master of Public Health
- Certificate in Emerging Infectious Disease Research
- Certificate in Public Health
- Certificate in Geriatric Care Management
- Pre-Certification in Life Care Planning
- Post-Baccalaureate in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Student Learning Outcomes
Departments & Programs
- Behavioral Science and Community Health
- Clinical and Health Psychology
- Environmental and Global Health
- Health Science
- Health Services Research, Management and Policy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Public Health
- Rehabilitation Science
- Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
Alumni & Giving
- PHHP Alumni Reunion 2015 — Saturday, Oct. 3
- Alumni Association
- Make a Gift
- News & Events
- Alumni Staff
Dr. Arch Mainous and colleagues found that people with diabetes and high blood pressure had significantly lower grip strength than their peers.
Student Adam Reid is honored for his work in helping to bring mental health care to people who are underserved.
Dr. Dawn Bowers and Dr. David Vaillancourt direct the Predoctoral Interdisciplinary Training in Movement Disorders and Neurorestoration program, which is supported by a a nearly $1 million NIH grant.
In the Spotlight
The Rehabilitation Science PhD Program
Rehabilitation Science Graduate Faculty lead new Center for Respiratory Research and Rehabilitation
- The Center will unite scientists and clinicians to better understand challenges to breathing with a goal of developing new strategies to preserve and/or restore breathing neuromuscular disorders.
- PhD students in Rehabilitation Science will benefit from the "bench to bedside" research opportunities.
- The Center will be directed by Dr. Gordon Mitchell, recently recruited to UF under the Preeminence Initiative; Dr. David Fuller will serve as Associate Director.
The University of Florida College of Public Health and Health Professions has established a new educational model that focuses on the integration of public health problem-solving and individual patient care.
Jul 20th, 2015
The UF Pediatric Sleep Study is designed to help children who are overweight and having sleep problems improve their sleep through behavioral strategies.
Jul 17th, 2015
Dr. Steven Z. George has received the American Physical Therapy Association’s 2016 John H.P. Maley Lecture Award for contributions to physical therapy clinical practice.
Jul 8th, 2015
Dr. Linda Cottler is the recipient of the Special Award for Outstanding Contributions Through Systemic Epidemiologic Approaches to Improving Health from the American College of Epidemiology.