- Text-only version of this website
- Skip navigation
- Home page
- What's new
- Contact Webmaster
- Website policies
- Disability services
- UF Health Home
Healing UF Health at Gainesville
- UF Health Shands Hospital
- UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital
- Shands Emergency & Trauma
- UF Health Shands Children's Hospital
- UF Health Shands Rehab Hospital
- UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital
- Learning UF&Shands Gainesville
Discovery UF Health at Gainesville
- Research Studies
- Genetics Institute
- Institute on Aging
- McKnight Brain Institute
- UF Diabetes Institute
- Community UF Health at Gainesville
- visit University of Florida
- Mission Statement
- Michael G. Perri, Dean
- Stephanie Hanson, Executive Associate Dean
- Linda Cottler, Associate Dean for Research & Planning
- Amy V. Blue, Associate Dean for Educational Affairs
- Andrea Burne, Assistant Dean for Finance and Human Resources
- George Hack, Assistant Dean for Instructional Design and Educational Technology
- Cindy Prins, Assistant Dean for Educational Affairs
- CEPH Accreditation
- Contact Us
- Summer Commencement 2016
- Master’s Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Distance Education
- Student Learning Outcomes
Departments & Programs
- Behavioral Science and Community Health
- Clinical and Health Psychology
- Environmental and Global Health
- Health Science
- Health Services Research, Management and Policy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Public Health
- Rehabilitation Science
- Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
Alumni & Giving
- PHHP Alumni Reunion 2016
- Alumni Association
- Make a Gift
News & Events
- PHHP names 2016 Outstanding Alumni
- Gift to OT department establishes annual colloquium, recognizes Sandra Edwards’ contributions to profession
- Hugh Catts named 2016 PHHP Alumnus of the Year
- Lisa McTeague and Barbara Smith named 2016 UF outstanding young alumni
- Alumnus profile: Carlton Inniss, M.H.A.
- First Trish Buescher Nelson Hands to Love OT scholarship awarded
- Alumna profile: Deborah Burns, O.T.R.
- Alumni Staff
Dr. Adam Woods leads a multi-university clinical trial that investigates whether pairing non-invasive electrical brain stimulation with cognitive training may slow or prevent the onset of dementia.
Drs. Ira Longini and Natalie Dean, along with group of researchers associated with the World Health Organization, have published the final report on the Ebola vaccine trial in Guinea, finding that the vaccine is safe and effective. Photo: WHO/S. Hawkey
The six UF Health colleges have received a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to develop a free residential program for students who are underrepresented.
In the Spotlight
MPH Students Present at the APHA Annual Meeting & Expo
- Emma Hawley and Sarah McKee, second year MPH students in the Social and Behavioral Sciences concentration, presented "Is there an app for that? An evaluation of health and fitness apps" at the APHA Annual meeting in Denver this past November.
- The project focused on the utilization of smartphone-based apps to provide opportunities for physical activity campaigns.
- Over 100 fitness apps from the Apple App Store were evaluated based on the Mobile App Rating Scale (MARS), and apps were rated according to engagement, functionality, aesthetics, information quality, and subjective criteria.
- The results of this ongoing evaluation can be used to determine which apps are available to consumers and how efficacious these apps are.
The University of Florida College of Public Health and Health Professions has established a new educational model that focuses on the integration of public health problem-solving and individual patient care.
Jan 5th, 2017
The Journal of Health Care Finance dedicated an entire issue to the legacy of Dr. Louis Gapenski, who passed away April 20.
Jan 3rd, 2017
Drs. J. Glenn Morris and Ira Longini made up part of an international committee convened to recommend strategies to limit the risk of major new cholera epidemics following Hurricane Matthew.
Dec 9th, 2016
Dr. Claudia Senesac received the college’s International Educator of the Year award, and Dr. Elizabeth Wood took a top prize in the Global Culture Photo Contest.
From 10:30am until 11:30am
From 12:00pm until 1:00pm
From 3:00pm until 6:00pm
From 12:00pm until 1:00pm