- Text-only version of this website
- Skip navigation
- Home page
- What's new
- Contact Webmaster
- Website policies
- Disability services
- UF Health Home
Healing UF Health at Gainesville
- UF Health Shands Hospital
- UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital
- Shands Emergency & Trauma
- UF Health Shands Children's Hospital
- UF Health Shands Rehab Hospital
- UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital
- Learning UF&Shands Gainesville
Discovery UF Health at Gainesville
- Research Studies
- Genetics Institute
- Institute on Aging
- McKnight Brain Institute
- UF Diabetes Institute
- Community UF Health at Gainesville
- visit University of Florida
- Dean’s Message, December 2013
- Mission Statement
- College Deans
- CEPH Self-Study
- Contact Us
- Master’s Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Bachelor of Health Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Doctor of Audiology
- Master of Public Health
- Certificate in Emerging Infectious Disease Research
- Certificate in Public Health
- Certificate in Geriatric Care Management
- Pre-Certification in Life Care Planning
- Post-Baccalaureate in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Student Learning Outcomes
Departments & Programs
- Behavioral Science and Community Health
- Clinical and Health Psychology
- Environmental and Global Health
- Health Science
- Health Services Research, Management and Policy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Public Health
- Rehabilitation Science
- Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
- Alumni & Giving
Dr. Thomas Pearson and colleagues reported the health outcomes associated with a communitywide cardiovascular risk reduction program in the Journal of the American Medical Association.
Led by Eugene Dunne, a Ph.D. student in clinical and health psychology, the study found that adults with a history of ADHD who use drugs started using one to two years earlier.
Cuc Tran, a Ph.D. student in the department of environmental and global health, and colleagues found that immunizing school-aged children from flu can also protect other segments of the population.
In the Spotlight
Public Health Programs
Pictured (from left to right) Elta Desvaristes, Melani Dickenson,
Steven Peterson, and Kirsten Blanzy
Master of Public Health students travel to Christianville, Haiti to complete unique internships and special research projects
- Environmental health students focused on mapping GPS points and collecting water samples from areas that are popular with local Haitians.
- Elta Desvaristes (pictured far left), partnered with the local school to create efficient ways of capturing students' physical examination measurements.
- The students spent six weeks in Haiti working on these enriching projects.
The University of Florida College of Public Health and Health Professions has established a new educational model that focuses on the integration of public health problem-solving and individual patient care.
Feb 27th, 2015
Three PHHP employees have received UF Superior Accomplishment awards for 2015: Douglas Martin, Wanda Washington and Lori Waxenberg.
Feb 12th, 2015
PHHP students: Don’t miss this opportunity to talk with recruiters and learn more about your future careers on Feb. 27 from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the HPNP Complex ground floor reception area.
Jan 23rd, 2015
Angela Fulbright balances a full plate as a mom, doctoral student, tinnitus researcher and U.S. Army captain.