Advising Resources for Students
Mandatory Advising - If you were admitted in Fall 2012 or after:
- Freshmen and sophomores must meet with an advisor every semester.
- Juniors and seniors must meet with an advisor once per year until graduation.
- New Student FlashLine Tour
- How to Locate Textbook Information
- How to Locate Tuition & Financial Aid Information
- How to Drop a Course
- How to Add a Course
- Class Registration: Pre-requisite Error Message
- How to Make an Advising Appointment Online
How to Prepare for an Advising Appointment:
- Before scheduling an appointment, develop a sense of what needs to be accomplished in the advising appointment. Remember, an advisor can be seen more than once each semester, so accomplishing everything in one meeting may not be possible.
- If you have a requirement sheet or GPS roadmap, it should be brought to the appointment with you. If you are changing majors, new requirements will be provided.
- If semester scheduling is what needs to be accomplished, prepare a tentative schedule incorporating necessary prerequisites to discuss with the advisor. This may make it necessary to plan more than one semester at a time.
- Make a list of questions to ask during the appointment.
- Meet with an advisor early in the semester. The closer to registration or the end of the semester, the harder it is to get an appointment with an advisor.
Advising Resources for Students:
Schedule an Advising Appointment
Schedule an advising appointment conveniently online.
Course Scheduling Worksheet
Helps you plan your semester schedule.
Keys to Academic Success Self-Assessment & Action Plan
Take control of your GPA. You hold the keys to your academic success so unlock your potential!
Kent Core - General Education Requirements
View the current year's Kent Core requirements.
Waitlisting a Class
View frequently asked questions about the waitlist process.
Experiential Learning Requirement
Put your classroom knowledge and skills to work, and build on your existing strengths by gaining valuable experience prior to graduation.
See how your courses transfer through u.select.
Course Prerequisite Override Request (pdf)
Print the course prerequisite override request to submit to Student Services.
Calculate your GPA easily.
Find out what it takes to get your desired GPA.
Middle Childhood Education Students: Apply for Advanced Study
Human Development & Family Studies Students: Apply for Professional Phase