Current Student Scholarships
2015-2016 Current Student ScholarshipsKent State Stark offers a host of scholarships to its currently enrolled students. These scholarships are funded through generous gifts and donations by family foundations and the Kent State Stark campus community. A scholarship committee consisting of Kent State Stark faculty, administration, staff and students selects the scholarship recipients.
New Incoming Freshmen
The below application can be used to apply for the following scholarships that are also available to new incoming freshmen:
- Kent State Stark Alumni Scholarship
- Charity Rotch Scholarship
- Charles and Judy Scheurer Endowed Scholarship
Before applying online, be sure you read and follow these steps carefully:
STEP 1: UNDERSTAND ELIGIBILITY
- Available to current Kent State Stark students only, with the exception of the three scholarships available to new incoming freshmen.
- You must attend Stark Campus courses for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Scholarships are for the Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 semesters only.
- Scholarships are not available for Summer 2015 or Summer 2016.
- Your currently enrolled hours will count toward the scholarship credit hour minimum.
- You will be considered for a scholarship if you meet the eligibility criteria and your complete application materials have been received by the deadline.
- Scholarship availability, criteria and award amounts are subject to change.
- All scholarship application materials are due by March 1, 2015. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
STEP 2: VIEW AVAILABLE SCHOLARSHIPSAvailable Scholarships
›› Available 2015-16 Current Student Scholarships (pdf grid)
- Eligibility Criteria
- Essay Questions
- Additional Requirements
STEP 3: ESSAYS
- Each scholarship requires an individual essay. Essay questions are listed in the grid above.
- Essay responses should be 300-500 words, typed and double-spaced.
Write your essays BEFORE applying online. During the application process, you will upload your essays before submitting your application.
- If you reference an organization or discuss your involvement with a Kent State or community service activity, at the end of your essay, provide the name and phone number of the person who can verify your involvement.
ESSAYS MUST BE SAVED IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT:
1. Save your essay document using this naming convention:
2. Acceptable formats: .doc, .docx, .rtf, .pdf
Your name is Olivia Tucker.
The scholarship you are applying for is the Kent State Stark ALUMNI Scholarship.
You should name your essay: OLIVIATUCKER-ALUMNI
Your name is Mark Davidson.
The scholarship you are applying for is the Charity ROTCH Scholarship.
You should name your essay: MARKDAVIDSON-ROTCH
Notice that most scholarships have the name of the donor in the title. Use the donor's LAST NAME to identify your scholarship. We have capitalized the name for you.
In the case of the Kent State Stark scholarships, use the identifying name differentiating the scholarship: ADMINISTRATORS, ALUMNI, EVENING, MULTICULTURAL, NONTRADITIONAL, STUDENT, STUDENT SERVICES, THEATRE, OFF-CAMPUS and ON-CAMPUS.
Stark Campus Association of Retired Professors (SCARP) should be named SCARP.
STEP 4: KNOW YOUR KENT STATE ID NUMBER
You will be asked for your Kent State ID Number on the application. Your Kent State ID Number is a 9-digit number that begins with 8. You can find it in FlashLine > My Account > My Identity. Have it ready before you apply online. It is not your Social Security number.
STEP 5: APPLY ONLINE
You need to only submit ONE application, even if you are applying for more than one scholarship. DO NOT submit multiple applications.
Online Application Deadline:
March 1, 2015
Scholarship Award Notification:
Applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee shortly after the application deadline. Applicants will receive award notification by email to the address listed on the application by June 30.
Other Scholarship Resources:
Office of Student Services
132 Main Hall
Each year, Kent State Stark recognizes our scholarship recipients and their benefactors at an October dinner held at the Conference Center. Students receive mailed invitations to their home address.