Application DeadlinesIn order for your admission application to be processed in a timely manner before classes begin, we suggest that you apply by the following dates:
Spring 2015: Thursday, Jan. 8
Summer 2015: Monday, July 6
Fall 2015: Friday, Aug. 14
AT KENT STATE STARK
Full-time Stark State College students can take one free class in the fall and one free class in the spring at Kent State Stark.
Deadlines to submit all necessary paperwork to Kent State Stark are:
- Fall Semester: August 1
- Spring Semester: December 1
Welcome Guest Students!Formally known as a transient student, a guest student may be defined as either:
- a student enrolled at another institution yet wishes to take courses at Kent State University. Usually this student wants to take courses at Kent State for one semester or over the summer and then return to their home institution.
- a student who wants to take a limited number of courses for credit and has no interest in pursuing a degree. Often, a guest student wants to take courses for personal enrichment.
Undergraduate guest students should note:
- You must have earned a high school diploma, a GED certificate or the equivalent.
- You do not have to provide transcripts or pay an admission fee.
- You can attempt a maximum of 18 hours of Kent State University credit as a guest student. This allows you to attend multiple terms until you reach the 18 hour limit so a new guest application for each term is not be required.
- You are not eligible to receive financial aid for courses registered as a guest student.
- You must apply for regular admission if you wish to pursue a degree or continue beyond the 18 credit hour limit.
- You are not eligible to apply as a guest student if you have been denied admission to a degree program or if you are currently under "academic dismissal" from Kent State University.
Letters of Good Standing from your home institution are not required for admission as a guest student at Kent State.
If you want to be a guest student at the graduate level (with a limit of 6 semester hours), you must have earned a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent. You should contact the appropriate graduate division below to learn more and to submit your guest application.
Office of Admissions