Skip Navigation
Phone directory
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Application Deadlines

In order for your admission application to be processed in a timely manner before classes begin, we suggest that you apply by the following dates:

Spring 2015: Thursday, Jan. 8
Summer 2015: Monday, July 6
Fall 2015: Friday, Aug. 14

New Students to Kent State

Step 3: Determine your new student admission type.

Select your appropriate admission type and follow the application instructions.

  • First Year  (Freshman)

    You have not registered, attended or received financial aid at any college, university, technical or proprietary school after graduation from high school.

  • Transfer

    You have registered at or attended any college, university, technical or proprietary school since graduating from high school, but have not completed a bachelor's degree. You are still considered a transfer student even if you don't think your previous credits will transfer to Kent State.

  • Guest

    A guest (transient) student may be defined as either:

    • A student enrolled at another institution who wishes to take courses at Kent State University. These students typically want to take classes at Kent State for one semester or over the summer and then return to their home institution.

    • A student who wants to take a limited number of courses for credit and has no interest in pursuing a degree. Oftentimes, a guest student wants to take courses for personal enrichment.
  • Postundergraduate

    You have received a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university other than Kent State and wish to take additional undergraduate courses.

  • Dual Enrollment & Pre-College

    You are a high school student who wishes to participate in a pre-college program such as the Post-Secondary Enrollment Option or Dual Enrollment.

  • Senior Guest

    You are an Ohio senior citizen 60 years of age and older and would like to take credit classes.

  • Graduate

    You want to pursue a master's degree after completing your undergraduate degree.

Still unsure what your admission type is? Contact us and we'll help you over the phone.

Office of Admissions

Text Only Options

Top of page

Text Only Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a UsableNet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.