Course Selection & Restrictions
coursework available in high school or to provide students with a
full-time college course load as a PSEO student.
- Pre-college students at Kent State Stark typically select courses from the Kent Core - general education requirements.
- The number of credit hours that a pre-college student may register for is left to the discretion of their Kent State Stark pre-college advisor.
- In their first semester at Kent State Stark, high school juniors are restricted to one class and high school seniors are limited to a maximum of three classes or 9 credit hours, whichever comes first. Newly enrolled high school seniors are not guaranteed three classes. Your pre-college advisor will determine the number of courses you're eligible to take by taking into consideration factors like your high school attendance, grades, GPA, test scores, teacher recommendations, college readiness, etc. Exceptions will not be made.
- Due to space limitations, high school juniors are not permitted to enroll in College Writing I (ENG 11011).
- Registration for pre-college students will take place after preregistration for Kent State Stark students. Be advised that course availability could be limited. Pre-college students should come prepared with several course options when meeting with their advisor.
- Distance learning, web-based courses and credit by exam are not available to pre-college students.
- Students selected to enroll at Kent State Stark as a pre-college student will be considered Kent State University students and are accountable for all policies, rules, procedures and deadlines in effect for students of Kent State University, unless otherwise specified. Pre-college students are expected to be familiar with the information in the Schedule of Classes and Undergraduate Catalog.
- Pre-college students are not eligible to receive financial aid or work on campus.