Stark Career Services
Kent State Stark Office of Career ServicesThe mission of the Office of Career Services is to support students in achieving their academic and career goals by assisting them in developing self-awareness, making informed decisions, acquiring experience, and obtaining meaningful employment.
Our vision is to empower student success through personalized services and resources, forging valued partnerships through effective communication and collaboration, and embracing innovation and technology for continuous quality improvement and a commitment to excellence.
Kent State's Career Services Center: Comprehensive career services information for all Kent State students.
- Experience Job & Internship Board: Kent State University's online recruiting system for students and alumni to connect with employers.
Ohio Means Jobs: Serving Stark and Tuscarawas Counties, Ohio Means Jobs is northeastern Ohio's premier workforce development and training center that connects job seekers with employers by providing numerous resources in a single location.
MyPlan Assessments: Includes Skills Profiler, Interest Inventory, Values Assessment, and Personality Test
- Career Advising: Individual sessions are available by appointment. Call 330-244-5040 or stop in the Academic Success Center to schedule your appointment.
Interested in posting a job or internship for our students? If so, please visit Information for Outside Employers.
Stark Career Workshops and Events
The Office of Career Services offers a host of workshops throughout the year.
Fall 2014 Workshops & Events
- Student Leadership Academy
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing Workshops
- Mock Interviews
- Internship Information Sessions
- Graduate School Workshops
- Stark County Internship & Job Fair
Stark County Internship & Job Fair
Held each year at The University Center at Kent State Stark, the Stark County Internship & Job Fair is a cooperative effort by four colleges and universities in Stark County: Kent State University at Stark, Walsh University, The University of Mount Union and Stark State College.
2015 Stark County Internship & Job Fair
Tuesday, Feb. 24
2 - 5 p.m.
The University Center
Kent State University at Stark
Job Fair website
Student Learning OutcomesBy utilizing the Career Center's in-person and online services and resources,
Students will gain a better understanding of their:
- Personal values and interests
- Skills and abilities
- Preferred work environments
- Select a rewarding career and major
- Research careers and employers
- Prepare a competitive resume and cover letter
- Interview successfully
- Gain experience through part-time employment
- Obtain and maximize an internship to build professional skills
- Conduct an effective job search
- Convey proper business etiquette
- Utilize effective networking strategies including use of social media
- Critically evaluate a job and salary offer
- Pursue admission to graduate school
Career Services Center at the Kent CampusStudents enrolled at any regional campus may utilize the career planning resources available at the Kent Campus Career Services Center. Online help is available with:
Careers & Majors
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Jobs & Internships Search
- Access to Ohio internships and professional positions on the Kent State Experience Job & Internship Board
Kent Campus Career Counselors are also available by phone or in person during daily drop-in hours:
Monday - Friday
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
2 - 4 p.m.
Kent State Career Services Center
261 Schwartz Center