- Step Up Speak Out Folder
- Letter of Introduction
- Stark Local Resources
- Counseling Center Services
Mental Health Emergency Protocol
- Quick Decision Referral Guide
Kent Campus Services
- LGBTQ Student Center
- Women's Center
- SRVSS - Sexual & Relationship
Violence Support Services
- Active Listening
- De-escalating Intense Interactions
National Depression Screening Day
Counseling Services does not provide ongoing counseling services for faculty or staff. Faculty and staff can access free mental health services through our Employee Assistance Program, IMPACT, by calling the 24-hour number 1-800-227-6007. When you call, IMPACT staff will ask for your general information and why you are interested in seeing a counselor so that they can match you with an appropriate provider. You will be able to access 3-5 free sessions of counseling through IMPACT.
Talking to Returning Veterans
Learn what to expect from your veteran's return and how to manage common challenges in adjusting to post-deployment life.
Services for Faculty & Staff
Available Services for Faculty & Staff
Upcoming Counseling Events for Faculty & Staff:
None at this time.
ConsultationCounseling Services is available for one-on-one consultation about behavior issues in classes, concerns about students, or any general questions about mental health issues on campus or in the community. Faculty and staff may contact Emily directly to discuss any questions or concerns they may have about a student in their class or on campus. It is very helpful to have a student’s information ready, such as their name and Kent State ID Number, when you talk to Emily in order to discuss your concerns or questions.
One-on-One and Group TrainingsCounseling Services will sponsor multiple group trainings throughout the fall and spring semesters. These will be announced on the website and through email. However, with an understanding that it can be difficult to attend a training offered during the week which may conflict with your teaching or work schedule, Counseling Services also offers all of the trainings in a one-on-one setting as well. If you are interested in a scheduling a one-on-one training, or if your department or a group of faculty are interested in scheduling a group training, call or email Emily directly.
Training topics include:
- Gatekeeper training and suicide prevention
- Identifying and helping students in distress
- De-escalating intense interactions with students
- Classroom management
- Knowing the difference between annoying and disruptive when working with students
- ALICE training (group only)
- Mental health diagnoses commonly seen at college
- Stress management for faculty
- Severe mental health diagnoses
- Setting boundaries with students
Class PresentationsYou can request for Emily to come to your class as a speaker or to give a presentation to your students. To make a request, call or email Emily directly and she will work with you and your syllabus schedule.
- Working in the mental health field
- Mental health and the law
- Emergency mental health
- Common and severe mental health diagnoses
- Working with the chronic or terminally ill (cancer, hospice, HIV/AIDS)
- Stress management
- Anger management
- Sexual identity
- Q&A with the therapist
- Working with first responders (fire, EMS, law enforcement)