Stark First Year Experience Success Series
THESE ARE STARK CAMPUS SUCCESS SERIES SESSIONSThe FYE Success Series is a sequence of workshops to help first year students succeed. With topics ranging from responsibility to relationships and stress to studying, there's something for everyone!
Success Series sessions are a great way to fulfill your FYE campus activity requirements. Plus, prizes will be raffled after every session.
Be sure you register for your Success Series sessions.
Spring 2015 Success Series Workshops
Student Life: Getting Involved Right from the Start
Come learn what Student Life is all about! Don't miss the chance to get involved on campus, join a student organization, help plan campus events and have fun! Choose one date:
- Wednesday, Feb. 18 • 9 - 9:30 a.m. • Main Hall Auditorium
- Thursday, Feb. 26 • 1:30 - 2 p.m. • Main Hall Auditorium
Meet and chat with a group of current students about campus and college life. Ask questions about time management, lessons learned, involvement and more! Choose one date:
- Wednesday, Feb. 11 • 1 - 1:30 p.m. • Library Conference Room
- Tuesday, Feb. 24 • 11:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. • Library Conference Room
Credit & Debt Management
Learn how credit works and how to manage your debt and credit score.
- Thursday, Feb. 19 • 1:30 - 2 p.m. • Main Hall Auditorium
Budgeting & Savings
Money management tips for college students
- Wednesday, Feb. 25 • 12 - 12:30 p.m. • Main Hall Auditorium
What is HEALTH?
Usually when you hear a presentation on health you hear about how to be physically healthy: eat right, exercise and get a good night’s sleep. You may even hear about how to set up an exercise program, what exercises are right for you and what amounts of nutrients are best for you, but what about all the other dimensions of health? Social health. Emotional health. Occupational health. Spiritual health. Intellectual health. Let’s talk about those and how they impact your first year at college. Choose one date:
- Tuesday, Feb. 10 • 9 - 9:30 a.m. • Library Conference Room
- Monday, Feb. 16 • 10 - 10:30 a.m. • Main Hall Auditorium
Balancing Work and School Commitments
Balancing work and school commitments is vital to your academic success. This session will cover the “2 hour to 1” rule, and present strategies to help you manage your time effectively. Choose one date:
- Monday, Feb. 23 • 11 - 11:30.m. • Library Conference Room
- Tuesday, March 3 • 1:30 - 2 p.m. • Main Hall Auditorium
Study Abroad Opportunities
Whether you want to go for a semester, a year, or just a few weeks, Kent State University has a study abroad opportunity to fit your needs and your budget. Choose one date:
- Monday, Feb. 17 • 9 - 9:30 a.m. • Library Conference Room
- Monday, March 2 • 10 - 10:30 a.m. • Main Hall Auditorium