Omicron Delta Epsilon
The International Honor Society in Economics
To undergraduate and graduate students interested in becoming members of Omicron Delta Epsilon, the International Honor Society in Economics: The general requirements to be considered for membership, and other relevant information, are as follows:
- All candidates: Overall GPA of 3.0 or better
- Undergraduate candidates: GPA of 3.0 or better in Economics courses (at least 12 hours completed).
- Graduate candidates: GPA of better than 3.0 in Economics courses (for the equivalent of at least one semester of economics graduate work).
- Membership fee: $32.00 (Make check out to: Omicron Delta Epsilon).
- Membership form: Applicants should complete a membership form (obtained from the Department of Economics or click here and submit the completed form to Professor Kent ).
BRIEF BACKGROUND ON ODE
ODE, which dates back to 1915, is one of the world's largest and most prestigious academic honor societies. Its basic objective is to recognize and honor outstanding academic achievements in economics. It also works to promote closer ties between students and faculty and among colleges and universities around the globe. ODE has over 400 chapters throughout the world with over 10,000 active members. Its activities, which have a broad international base that reflects the economic, business, social, and political interdependency of nations, involve such things as publishing a journal, invited speakers, group discussions, dinners, meetings, special projects, and participation in Honors Day celebrations. For a college or university to have a Chapter of ODE it must be fully accredited by the appropriate accrediting body and maintain a Department of Economics with high standards and a wide range of course offerings.
Professor Richard J. Kent
Department of Economics