- Current & Future Students
Post Master’s Nursing Certificate
Welcome to the College of Nursing Post-Master's Certificate Program
Kent State University offers one of the finest nursing programs in the United States. The MSN concentrations prepare nurses for advanced clinical roles and eligibility for national certification as nurse practitioners (NP), clinical nurse specialists (CNS), or to serve in health care management or leadership roles. Through our College of Nursing programs, students have the opportunity to develop a foundation for further doctoral-level study in nursing, if desired. Students may apply for a certificate program if they current have a master’s degree in nursing.
In the Kent State College of Nursing, post-master's nursing certificate programs are available to individuals who hold a Master's Degree in nursing. Students may choose to pursue a post-master's nursing certificate in any of the following areas:
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (pdf)
- Adult - Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (pdf)
- Advance Practice Registered Nurse: Nurse Practitioner Adult-Gerontology Primary Care (pdf)
- Advance Practice Registered Nurse: Nurse Practitioner Family (pdf)
- Geriatric Nurse Practitioner(pdf)
- Nursing and Healthcare Management
- Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist (pdf)
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (pdf)
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (pdf)
All post-master's nursing certificates are offered as space and faculty are available.