Quick Submission Guide
1. Log InUse your calendar account to log in to the calendar. Your calendar log in is not the same as your FlashLine ID. If you do not remember your calendar log in information, you can contact the UCM Webteam.
2. Select "Add"When you log in, you will see the events that you have entered that are waiting for approval. Go to the menu at the top right and choose "Add" under the Event tab.
Add an Event
3. Entering an Event: Step OneThe calendar will ask you for an Event Name, Category and Description. For information about these fields, visit Calendar Guidelines. Click "Next" when you are finished.
Calendar Step One
4. Entering an Event: Step TwoYou may add an image or attachment to your event, but it is optional. Images must be under 80k and 350 pixels wide or less. Attachments must be under 1 MB. If you need help resizing an image or document, contact the UCM webteam and they will assist you.
Calendar Step Two
5. Entering an Event: Step Three (Entering Time)You must add a time and location in Step Three. Under Event Dates(s), select the day of your event by either entering it into the fields on the calendar or using the calendar pop-up icon (image one). Under Event Time(s), enter a Start and End time (image two). If your event ends after midnight, just leave the end time blank. Select "Generate Schedule" (image three).
Calendar Step Three 1 Calendar Step Three 2 Calendar Step Three 3
6. Entering an Event: Step Three (Entering Location)Once you hit "Generate Schedule", the Location selector will appear (image one). The calendar will not force you to select a location, but your event will be rejected if there is not one attached. Find your campus and use the (+) icons by the campus and building to find the room your event is located in. Check the box by the room and select "Save".
If your event is off-campus, select both "Off Campus" and your campus so that the event will show up in your campus' RSS feeds. You can place the address of the off-campus location in the Event Description field. Confirm that your location has been saved and then select "Next" (image two).
Location One Location Two
7. Entering an Event: Step FourFilling out this page is optional. If your event is a FLASHperks event, you should include the number of points in your event description. Click "Next".
Calendar Step Four
8. Submit the EventOn the final screen, you will get a preview of how your event will look to the public. Take this opportunity to fix any mistakes by using the "Back" button or click "Finish" to release your event for approval.
Approve Your Event