All applications for promotion, tenure, and/or permanent status at the University of Florida will be processed in the Online Promotion and Tenure (OPT) System.
2014-2015 Promotion and Tenure Information:
2014-2015 Guidelines (PDF)
Highlighted changes from 2013-2014
- The 2014-15 Application template is in MYUFL. Web Browser should be set to allow pop-ups.
- Log onto MYUFL
- Go to Main Menu>My Self Service> UF Faculty Promotion and Tenure> Promotion and Tenure Packet> Packet Template with Activity.
The Template will open as a Word file, with some sections auto-populated with the candidate's information.
NOTE: The Assistant In series in IFAS, the Health Sciences and the College of Law must use a different Template . These promotions do not use the OPT system and are decided by the relevant dean.
- Workshops will be available to cover the OPT system and T&P process from 9am-11am:
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at the Reitz Union Auditorium,
- Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at 6120 HSC/Shands bldg., with video conferencing for COM/Jax in the Alumni Board Room.
- Friday, April 18, 2014, 1-2pm Live Webinar, RSVP required (firstname.lastname@example.org):
Information about the Online Promotion & Tenure (OPT) system including instructions, FAQ, and user Guides may be found in the Toolkit .
For questions, please contact:
2013-2014 Promotion and Tenure (P&T) Information - Archived: