PTST-ATT for Athletic Trainers
The Athletic Trainer Transition concentration is the only CAPTE-accredited program in the country that uses a hybrid format to add the knowledge and skill set of a PTA to the certified athletic trainer competencies.
- Lectures are online without specific scheduled class times
- Assignments have weekly due dates.
- Quizzes and exams are normally scheduled in 24 hour windows.
- Complete program requires six (6) visits to the Ashtabula Campus in northeast Ohio (one in each of the first 3 semesters)
- Each of the three lab courses require a midterm and final 3-day on campus lab weekend.
- Graduate in 15 months
- Clinical education experiences are completed anywhere in the country.
- Requires 12 weeks of full-time clinical education immediately prior to graduation.
Application Deadline: February 1st
Acceptance Notification: Sent to the kent.edu email by March 1st
Students accepted to the PTST technical studies begin core courses in May.
2015 Application Information Packet (PDF)
Anticipated Cost (PDF)
PTST-ATT Technical Study Data (PDF)