The Writing Center
The mission of the Writing Center is to help students successfully complete the writing tasks necessary for their coursework and to assist them in improving their writing skills throughout their academic careers. The Writing Center defines a successful writer as one who understands and fulfills the guidelines of an assignment, has limited grammatical and spelling errors, and correctly applies citation techniques in their work. To this end, we will perform the following tasks.
- Assist students with early writing steps.
- Assist students with spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Assist students with "big picture" issues.
- Assist students with proper citation technique.
- Assist students with formatting.
The Writing Center will NOT:
- Write any part of a student’s paper.
- Work on student papers without the student present.
- Provide editing services.
- Provide research assistance.
- Guess at how your instructor will grade your paper.
9am - 10:30am
1pm - 6pm
12:30pm - 3pm
5:30pm - 8pm
1pm - 6pm