- 1. Dr. Sarah Harcum, together with Rick Groff and the ECE graduate students, won Bluesens' BlueCompetition 2013, a competition for use of the off-gas sensor to detect the cell metabolic state.
- || 2. Dr. Russell "Chip" Norris, MUSC: "Scientists Identify First Gene for Most Common Form of Mitral Valve Prolapse"
- || 3. Drs. Jeoung Soo Lee and Agneta Simionescu, COBRE PIs, established laboratories at CUBEInC.
- || 4. Dr. Dan Simionescu established Stem Cell Core facility at CUBEInC and initiated a collaboration with Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM) in Spartanburg.
- || 5. Jeff Anker, COBRE target PI, received NSF CAREER award and a laboratory space at CUBEInC.
- || 6. 4th Annual Review Meeting: March 7 & 8, 2013, The Westin Poinsett, Greenville
- || 7. Cardiovascular Research: Honghai Liu, formerly a student in Dr. Bruce Gao’s lab and presently a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Cincinnati, was awarded Editor’s Choice for his paper in the February 1, 2013 edition of Cardiovascular Research, a publication of Oxford University Press.